Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: picture is to far to the right after installing groovymame and crtemudriver  (Read 1518 times)

muell67

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 23, 2021, 02:12:01 pm
So I think I have every thing working correctly but the picture on my monitor is cut off by a 1" or so on the right side. I have tried changing this by adjusting the front porch in the mame.ini file and it doesnt seem to make any difference. I also made a custom mode in vmaker changing the front porch from 2.000 to 3.800 and remaking the video modes but again no change. If I go to arcade osd with the front porch changed to 3.800 it looks perfect.  What am I doing wrong?
I don't know if you know this but I'm sort of a big deal. I own many leather bound books and my apartment smells of rich mahogany.

brad808

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 22, 2023, 08:18:15 pm

muell67

• Offline Offline
I don't know if you know this but I'm sort of a big deal. I own many leather bound books and my apartment smells of rich mahogany.

big10p

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 01, 2023, 01:46:23 pm
  • Mmmm, arcade classics!
Can't you simply adjust the H Pos / H Size pots on your monitor?

Alternatively, edit mame.ini and set monitor custom and crt_range0 to the preset specified here, for your monitor:
http://forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php/topic,116023.0.html
Now, edit the front porch part of that preset to the value you want.

Note that changes made in ArcadeOSD aren't applied in GroovyMAME, as switchres creates the best modeline it can on the fly, using the monitor specs given in mame.ini. You can disable switchres in mame.ini to get the changes made in ArcadeOSD, but then there's a good chance the video mode won't match the original game's (specifically, the horizontal/vertical refresh rate will be out).

[edit] Having re-read your post, I think you have already tried this? In that case, I'm stumped.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2017, 06:58:09 pm by big10p »

muell67

• Offline Offline
Thanks for the reply. The pots are already adjusted all the way out. Before I read your post I decided to just start over. I reinstalled the drivers, mame and crt emu driver and adjusted the h front porch and everything worked this time. For some reason attract mode doesn't though.