Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: crt_emudriver with windows 10 enterprise 1607 - testsigning  (Read 1627 times)

keilmillerjr

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 06, 2023, 10:20:39 pm
  • Web Developer.
I decided to upgrade my arcade unit from whatever windows 10 installation I had to windows 10 enterprise 1607 build. I did this so I could follow by Big Blue FrontEnd so that I could completely hide the operating system. I had it nearly hidden before. Upgrading and following his guide completely hides the operating system. Thank you!

However, getting version 1607 into test mode so I could install crt_emudriver didn’t go as well as before. setup.exe no longer put windows in test mode. My procedure was as follows:

1. Press F2 on boot to enter Azus uefi bios.
2. Enter Advanced mode
3. Navigate to Secure boot
4. Save secure boot keys to a thumb drive
5. Delete Platform Key (PK) only
6. Save and reboot into Windows
7. Launch command prompt as administrator and enter command: bcdedit -set TESTSIGNING ON
8. Reboot

I was now in test mode and able to install crt_emudriver. I tried restoring the pk key (UEFI Secure Variable) and turning test signing off after installing the driver, but it gave me issues with the driver and vm maker wouldn’t recognize it. So I deleted the pk key and turned test signing back on. Worked without an issue. Left computer as is.

Computer now boots with some faint horizontal white lines, goes black, and then launches my front end properly. I assume those lines are safe for my monitor since I am using a jpac? I didn’t have anything like it with my setup before.