Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Questions about my Rowe AMI CD100G Jukebox; Can't Change System Setting #6994  (Read 2442 times)

fredw1970

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 03, 2020, 10:08:27 pm
  • "But I don't wanna be a pirate!"
Hey there all...

So I finally took delivery of my CD100G Jukebox... everything works well (need to replace a few lights) but otherwise seems rock solid.

I do have a question though.  I was programming the unit in Service Mode and was able to set most of the functions.  However when I tried to disable the Popular Key (Service code 6994) I can get the 6-9-9- but then the 4 won't log to get to the Popular Key option.  See the attached page of the manual.  Does anybody know why I am not able to enable/disable the Popular Key?

Does the current version of the software (attached) matter?  Any help is appreciated because for some reason in FREE mode when the popular key is hit the system goes to constant Popular mode and it is a pain to disable. 

Thanks so much!
« Last Edit: June 29, 2017, 12:51:22 am by fredw1970 »

Ken Layton

• Guru
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 12, 2021, 12:25:59 am
  • Technician
You have a positively ancient software version of 2.2 which does not have the feature you are trying to access.

You should get the latest version which is 4.2, but anything above version 3.9 will work.

It's possible someone at one time swapped out the central control computer with an older one. That would explain the old software version.

Contact Bruce Wentworth at A & B Jukebox Repair to purchase a repair/exchange Central Control Computer board with the latest software:

http://rowejukeboxparts.com/

fredw1970

• Offline Offline
Well, that sucks... and I presume you can't just replace the ROM that currently houses the 2.2 with a newer version of the operating system?

lilshawn

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Yesterday at 11:47:13 pm
  • I break stuff...then fix it...sometimes
Well, that sucks... and I presume you can't just replace the ROM that currently houses the 2.2 with a newer version of the operating system?

yes, the CCC has a single rom you can swap. often the battery also needs to be replaced which is why it's a good idea to send it off to be looked at and gone over.

Ken Layton

• Guru
  • Offline Offline
  • Technician

Yes AND no. The original eprom was a 512k size (27C512-12) and is a 28 pin chip. Early Central Control Computer boards only had a 28 pin IC socket. Intermediate CCC boards had a 32 pin setup on the board, but only a 28 pin socket installed. Simply unsolder the 28 pin socket and replace it with a 32 pin socket. Later CCC boards already have a 32 pin socket installed.

Starting with software version 3.2 and up, the eprom is a 1mb size 27C010-12 which has 32 pins. The larger capacity chip is required because so much more was added to the software.

So look through the rectangular hole in the CCC board's cover at the eprom chip socket. If it's already a 32 pin socket you can simply swap out software eproms.

fredw1970

• Offline Offline
I just looked and it appears that the eprom socket has 16 holes per side... 2 unused on each side in picture.  Am I seeing it correct?

Ken Layton

• Guru
  • Offline Offline
  • Technician
Yes, it looks like you've got a 32 pin socket already installed. :)

If you can burn your own eproms, here is the Rowe CD 100 rom files:

http://arcarc.xmission.com/PDF_Jukebox/Rowe_AMI/ROMs/CD100/

Version 4.0 is the latest on that site, but it's gonna be fine for you. Only difference between 4.0 and 4.2 is what the factory default pricing is.