Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: RamjetM2Borderless/Closemul/Model 2  (Read 4204 times)

Pageapoo

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 10, 2020, 05:41:46 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
RamjetM2Borderless/Closemul/Model 2
« on: July 17, 2017, 11:45:20 pm »
1st time posting. I have learned a ton from this forum, and because of that, my cab is up and running great. Thank you!!

The one problem I am having is that I cannot get Mala to open/close Model 2 properly while using the RamjetM2Borderless.exe. I am using SGT's method of combining emulator game lists, as well as closemul to close down Model 2. I have attached the Mame cmd file and Closemul ini.

I am using Mala 1.74. I went back to version 1.0 on Model 2 and did a clean install. From my understanding, that's the only version that supports Ramjet and Trobleshooter 2. I haven't installed TS2 yet, so that will be next. If I open a game direct through Model 2, Ramjet opens up, all is good.

Basically, when I open a game through Mala, the Ramjet cmd window opens up behind Mala and just sits there. If I close Mala and then close Ramjet, the game starts. Without Ramjet, obviously, because I closed it. The only way I can get a game to start properly is to put RamjetM2Borderless.exe in program 2 in the closemul ini. This works great to start the game, but when I press esc, Model 2 shrinks window, but doesn't close it.

I'm at a loss on all of this. If anyone has an idea, I would greatly appreciate it. Just trying to get it right. The light guns are great, but they certainly are a headache.

Pageapoo

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 10, 2020, 05:41:46 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Re: RamjetM2Borderless/Closemul/Model 2
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2017, 08:12:46 pm »
Well, I'm an idiot. The answer was on page 8 of SGT's thread. I somehow missed it after going through the thread many times. If anyone sees this and has the same problem, I have attached my cmd file that will load all model 2 games, plus ramjetM2borderless.exe for the games that need it, while using closemul.

For this to work, the script files for the light gun games must be deleted from the scripts folder under Model 2. The Closemul ini can be left blank. Nothing needs to be added to it.

Thank you to anyone who viewed this post. What a fun hobby this has become over the past year. All that is left for me is to add the 2nd light gun. Maybe it will go smooth ;D