Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: CRT_emudriver 2.0 - Error Driver Installation Failed 103 - Radeon HD 6870  (Read 4300 times)

kimikat

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:June 12, 2018, 09:09:38 am
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Hi Everyone  :)

I am currently building a pc for arcade emulation purpose using a computer that was given to me :D

Graphic card is a Radeon HD 6870 and OS is Windows 7 64.

I have downloaded CRT Emudrivrer from the following link (http://geedorah.com/eiusdemmodi/forum/viewtopic.php?id=295) and upon reboot into test mode I get an error message claiming "instalation failed 103 no data available".

I have been searching this error on google qnd in this forum with limited success as such i am taking the liberty to create this new topic.

Can anyone advise if aditional files are needed ouside of the normal package from the "geedorah" website ?

I qpologise in advance if this topic has alrady been covered somewhere else.
If this is the case please point me toward the relevant post :)

Oh and on a side note english is not my primary language so apologies if my post is not clear enough :(

Kind regards.

Kimikat.

Calamity

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 14, 2024, 05:26:05 am
  • Quote me with care
There are three different packages in that link, which one did you use?
Important note: posts reporting GM issues without a log will be IGNORED.
Steps to create a log:
 - From command line, run: groovymame.exe -v romname >romname.txt
 - Attach resulting romname.txt file to your post, instead of pasting it.

CRT Emudriver, VMMaker & Arcade OSD downloads, documentation and discussion:  Eiusdemmodi

kimikat

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:June 12, 2018, 09:09:38 am
Hi Calamity :)

Just came back to say that the issue was caused by the fact that the windows version i installed was not x64 but x86....

The disc i used to install my system was wrongly labeled....

I noticed it almost by accident when checking the system status.

I tried a x64 reinstall and i am fine now (I am actually typing this with the internet window displayed on my CRT screen)

I now need to understand how to properly setup groovymame to display the right resolution at the right refresh rate automaticaly for each game but that is another topic :D

So to make it short should anyone get this error message in the future, check your windows version.

God i feel stupid now.

Thank you for taking the time to look at my question :)

Kimikat

Spiderman9370

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 31, 2018, 11:07:22 pm
Hello all ~    :cheers:

I am experiencing a similar problem with a failed driver installation, so I figured I would post my problem to this thread.

The message reads:  "Error: The driver installation failed: 103 No more data is available."

I am attempting to download CRT Emudriver & CRT Tools 2.0 beta 10 (Crimson 16.2.1 for GCN* cards) for Windows 7/8/10 64-bits.  I am loading it on a brand new HP desktop PC.

Operating system:  Windows 10 Home 64-bit
Processor:  AMD A10-9700 RADEON R7 

The Eiusdemmodi site lists AMD Radeon R7 200 and R7 300 as compatible with CRT Emudriver & CRT Tools 2.0 beta 10.

I have disabled Secure Boot on the PC and am in test mode.  When I launch setup, the top of the window says "CRT Emudriver 2.0 beta 9" (not beta 10).  I am not sure that has anything to do with the problem but thought I would mention it.  The setup window lists my AMD Radeon R7 Graphics device as a compatible device.  The box is already checked.  When I hit the "Install driver" button to begin the install, an installation box pops up, and the installation proceeds for about a millisecond until another box appears with the message "Error: The driver installation failed: 103 No more data is available."

Does anyone have any suggestions for how to get past this error, or an explanation for what is preventing the install?  Any help would be appreciated.