Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Nsm icon 1 jukebox  (Read 3254 times)

adgloride

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 16, 2018, 05:29:06 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Nsm icon 1 jukebox
« on: June 19, 2017, 04:51:58 pm »
I've had this now for a few months. I've started to have problems with it.  To cut a long story short I contacted nsm and have been unable to resolve the issue.  Now I have decided to fit a pc into the case and take the old one out.  I can't find any information on the internet.  What I want to know is what I need to use the touch screen.  Also some advice on what pc to fit.  I want something pretty straightforward to fit.  Thanks.

Barry Barcrest

• I'm only in it for the lack of money
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:November 09, 2021, 09:54:17 am
  • Simple Plan
    • E-Touch Jukebox
Re: Nsm icon 1 jukebox
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2017, 10:43:41 am »
AFAIK it uses a zytronic touchscreen. I usually use a SFF PC, it depends on what software you want to run on it.

adgloride

• Offline Offline
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2017, 10:59:35 am »
I have an old pentium 4 sff pc I could try and use.  The other thing is what LCD board will I need for the zyntronics touch screen.  Have all the icon 1s got the same touch screen?

adgloride

• Offline Offline
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2017, 03:08:56 pm »
So far I’ve stripped down the icon 1 and got the pc to put in it.  I’ve also fitted a board, 3 of them to use the touchscreen.  I don’t know if it’s because originally I had the monitor lead the wrong way round to the monitor but all I get now is the green light on the board I bought coming on green and then going off and the screen flashing on for a second.  I have a feeling I’ve broke the screen.  What I want to know is what’s an ideal replacement if I need one.   I’ve looked on eBay for a touch screen monitor and they all seem to generate heat.

adgloride

• Offline Offline
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2017, 01:53:22 pm »
I eventually found out it was my adapter why the monitor didn’t work.  The projects coming on nicely the one problem I have now is how do I get my touch screen working again on the icon?  I heard you need drivers and I know a circuit board at the back of the monitor runs it.  How do I get this circuit board connected up to my pc and working again.  Thanks in advance

adgloride

• Offline Offline
« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2017, 05:07:48 pm »
I’ve looked at the schematics of building the cable on the zyntronic website.  I’ve got all the things I need and have decided to repurpose the original cable.  The problem I’m having are what wires to solder to the serial adapter.  I’ve atttached a picture of the molex and serial cable.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/mrl79wyj5skf0b2/2017-10-14%2022.51.18.jpg?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/v86g8xunucsa7t1/2017-10-14%2022.52.10.jpg?dl=0

adgloride

• Offline Offline
« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2017, 07:16:30 pm »
I’ve built the cable from the original one provided.  But for some reason the touchscreen isn’t working and I’m getting a red light on the board.