Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Neotec S501 image height  (Read 1515 times)

muell67

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 23, 2021, 02:12:01 pm
Neotec S501 image height
« on: June 12, 2017, 12:05:53 pm »
I am trying to convert my arcade legends to mame I have  Neotec s501 that I just finish capping. I have a Arcadevga card and a J-pac. Everything is good except the picture is too tall. For example when I try to play mortal kombat the feet are cut off at the ankles and the top of the health bar is cut off. I have adjusted the vertical size as small as it will go but its still to big. I dont know alot about monitors but I know there is a horizontal width coil that can be turned. Is there also something similar for vertical size?
I don't know if you know this but I'm sort of a big deal. I own many leather bound books and my apartment smells of rich mahogany.

lilshawn

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Yesterday at 09:27:36 pm
  • I break stuff...then fix it...sometimes
Re: Neotec S501 image height
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2017, 11:58:30 am »
mortal Kombat runs at a weird refresh of 53.2 hz. not 60 which is what the monitor is expecting.

muell67

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 23, 2021, 02:12:01 pm
Re: Neotec S501 image height
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2017, 07:10:08 am »
I had to change out cap c312 The cap kit I got had a 1000uf 35v there. The original was a 2200uf 25v. I replaced it with a 2200uf 35v and now all is well.
I don't know if you know this but I'm sort of a big deal. I own many leather bound books and my apartment smells of rich mahogany.