Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Anyone watching (watched) The expanse?  (Read 1848 times)

menace

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 18, 2023, 10:57:06 am
Anyone watching (watched) The expanse?
« on: June 05, 2017, 08:18:16 am »
I finally just got caught up on this series and finished season 2 over the weekend.  I have to say I really like it!  Its far future enough to be speculative but also seems like it a very good guess at the near future.  The aliens keep things interesting but aren't the main focus of the everyday episodes.  Now I'm sure since its a syfy show it will be cancelled mid run in favour of the "weirdos of wrestling" but I'll enjoy it while it lasts!  If you haven't taken it in and are a fan of future sci-fi then I highly recommend you check it out!
its better to not post and be thought a fool, then to whip out your keyboard and remove all doubt...

wp34

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 10, 2022, 09:48:19 pm
Re: Anyone watching (watched) The expanse?
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2017, 09:10:29 am »
I have not watched it yet but I have read the first book.  It was fantastic and I'm trying to decide if I should get caught up on the books before starting the show.

Howard_Casto

• Idiot Police
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 21, 2024, 11:59:54 pm
  • Your Post's Soul is MINE!!! .......Again??
    • The Dragon King
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2017, 11:53:37 am »
Actually wrestling is no longer on syfy.  All WWE programming is on USA in most areas.  That just proves to me that you haven't been watching syfy in quite some time and thus have really been missing out.  Killjoys, Dark Matter..... both great shows as well. 

I really like it, but it's trying really hard to be "Game of Thrones in Space".  I like intelligent scifi, but surely not every major drama on tv has to be about politics.  The action and alien stuff make it worth watching though. 

BadMouth

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 22, 2024, 09:54:06 am
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2017, 02:25:24 pm »
I enjoyed Incorporated as well. Their shows have gotten better in the last few years.

menace

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 18, 2023, 10:57:06 am
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2017, 02:30:31 pm »
Actually wrestling is no longer on syfy.  All WWE programming is on USA in most areas.  That just proves to me that you haven't been watching syfy in quite some time and thus have really been missing out.  Killjoys, Dark Matter..... both great shows as well. 

I really like it, but it's trying really hard to be "Game of Thrones in Space".  I like intelligent scifi, but surely not every major drama on tv has to be about politics.  The action and alien stuff make it worth watching though.

Thanks for show tips..i'll check them out.  And i see where you are drawing game of thrones comparison since the lead is a pretty close comparison to kit harrington!  I dont blame them at all for emulating (even just a little) GOT.  Its one of the most successful popular shows of all time and if they can borrow some aspects i don't mind.  I think the political stuff is pretty well done as in plausible..it also helps to justify the actions of the crew
its better to not post and be thought a fool, then to whip out your keyboard and remove all doubt...

Howard_Casto

• Idiot Police
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 21, 2024, 11:59:54 pm
  • Your Post's Soul is MINE!!! .......Again??
    • The Dragon King
« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2017, 02:52:29 pm »
I enjoyed Incorporated as well. Their shows have gotten better in the last few years.

Incorporated might be the best show on their network right now.  I know I just complained about politics in shows, but in this instance it works. 

BadMouth

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 22, 2024, 09:54:06 am
« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2017, 03:12:21 pm »
Vikings took a turn for the worse when it decided to start emulating game of thrones.  It was great at first when they added more CGI and bigger battles.
But toward the end they took to imitating the throne and introduced characters that seemed to be ripped straight from GOT.
(The ambitious nasty bastard son of a king who even looks like Ramsay Bolton comes to mind)
It also got weird in political ways, but that's a discussion for P&R.

GrizzlyThunder

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 31, 2024, 03:11:26 pm
« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2017, 08:23:40 pm »
Awesome show! Syfy has stepped up their game. I enjoy watch their network shows again. The magicians is also a fun show.

WeChat: GrizzlyThunder