Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Got me a Vectrex.  (Read 56292 times)

chopperthedog

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Today at 01:42:44 pm
Re: Got me a Vectrex.
« Reply #120 on: December 28, 2020, 04:50:06 pm »
Hi Chopper,

I am just now looking at the old post. Looks great!

I am building a Vectrex controller with an analog joystick mine has 5K pots not 10K. Would you mind sharing with me how you wired the resistors?

Thank you for any help!

Brandon
See post #88 for some info on what I did.
Controller schematic on page 17 here:  https://console5.com/techwiki/images/a/a7/Vectrex-Service_Manual.pdf

good day.

moknbyrd

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 11, 2021, 10:13:20 am
  • Vectrex lover
« Reply #121 on: May 05, 2021, 04:27:15 pm »
Long time since last real update, been some neat vectrex things in the last year. Still enjoy gaming on mine in some fashion at least a couple times a week.

CTDE overlays are still being produced and sold, around the 50 sold mark I found a material set that was the same quality as the 7 but had 2 more colors (tint and teal). So I transferred over to the 9 color set without raising price or updating sale thread. :p

I know, I'm kinda late to the game. Just found this thread. Where can I get those solid color tinted overlays?

Have you given up the custom biz.

Thanks!
MB
"If you can't show it, you don't know it." - Aron Ra

gtoal

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:June 03, 2022, 09:03:00 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
« Reply #122 on: August 21, 2021, 02:26:10 pm »
In another forum's post you mentioned "Texture of the overlay is crucial and a nice touch to try to match."  We may have discussed this at some point but I don't think it's mentioned in this thread.  Obviously the right kind of material for a control panel overlay is to be preferred, but if you can't get that stiff textured plastic that is also printable at home (I've never found any, at any rate) then the second best substitute that I've found so far has been Burlington's Photo Silk.  It's regular flexible paper, but once applied you can't tell that it isn't the stiffer plastic that Vectrex CPO's are made from, and the surface feel is an almost perfect match.  The down side is that they don't make it any more and the equivalent that they sell under a similar (but not identical) name is nowhere approaching as good.  I bought NOS packets of the stuff the few times it turned up on eBay and have enough at the moment for all my future Vectrex needs, unless I go crazy at some point and make industrial quantites of controllers :-) (So if it turns up again it won't be me in a bidding war with you ;-) )  I keep buying every new material I see advertised in the hope of finding something just like the Burlington's but no joy so far.