Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Laminate CP?  (Read 4702 times)

WoodChucksCNC

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 11, 2019, 03:37:17 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Laminate CP?
« on: June 02, 2017, 04:37:06 pm »
I am looking to laminate my panels and was wondering where everyone is buying their laminate from? Is the velvet polycarbonate the favorite? How thick does it need to be?
I am working on a cabinet for my classroom and I think that acrylic is going to be to brittle.
Can you get it from a big box store? I live near Dallas/Fort Worth, TX and would love to see some of the material to decide what to purchase.

Thanks for any help.

You can see my progress here under Arcade Machine including a render from Solidworks.
Cut on a CNC machine and printed artwork from a HP Z6100PS 60".

http://www.woodchuckscnc.com/arcade-machine

WoodChucksCNC

• Offline Offline
Re: Laminate CP?
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2017, 05:08:25 pm »
Well, in case anyone else is wondering about the laminate. I went with FedEx/Kinkos. It cost less than $15.00 and looks really good. It is thinner than I would like but I am putting it on the machine and testing to see how it handles the wear and tear.
Will be visiting a store in Dallas area on Monday to see what they have. It would be great to be able to order a bunch of samples of different materials that I could use to print on and to laminate with.

Chagosan

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 05, 2020, 05:57:14 pm
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2017, 01:59:52 am »
Great to know... how about some photos of the end result?

WoodChucksCNC

• Offline Offline
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2019, 02:56:27 pm »
So sorry for the delay,  but here is a pic of the almost finished cabinet.
I have since purchased a 64" HP Latex printer, cutter and a laminator so I will do the rest for myself.