Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: AMI/ROWE Grandstar voltage conversion  (Read 2107 times)

Pinballer73

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 26, 2019, 04:54:42 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
AMI/ROWE Grandstar voltage conversion
« on: June 01, 2017, 03:34:35 pm »
I recently picked up a AMI/ROWE Grandstar internet jukebox that is setup for 110V operation. There is a voltage selector jumper on the main powersupply module to allow 240V operation. Looking at the manual...

https://www.amientertainment.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/Grandstar-Manual-CJE.pdf

...it does not mention what the jumper settings are for 240V operation. Looking at page 7-11 (pg73), Figure 7-1 and the previous page, it appears as though I need to remove the existing jumper wiring and install a jumper between pins 3 & 4 at the 4 pin mains supply selector. Has anyone else converted one of these jukeboxes to run on 240V. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

lilshawn

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Yesterday at 11:35:47 pm
  • I break stuff...then fix it...sometimes
Re: AMI/ROWE Grandstar voltage conversion
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2017, 11:32:10 am »
you may have to contact AMI directly I feel conversion is going to be a little more involved that just changing a jumper... that will be good for the main power supply... but you are going to have to deal with the amp, lighting, and other systems as well.

Pinballer73

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 26, 2019, 04:54:42 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2017, 01:34:34 pm »
AMI won't provide any assistance to anyone in home use, I did try that route.  If you look at the manual, in particular the power supply diagrams I referred too, you will see that the voltage conversion allows for all the items you spoke about.  My question is related to the jumper itself and the transformer connections.

ami-man

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 19, 2020, 01:22:45 pm
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2017, 10:45:09 am »
Hello Pinballer73,

If in any doubt I would just use a 240 to 120 volt drop down transformer, back in the past all jukeboxes imported into Europe were fitted with these additional transformers and then some form of frequency adaptation such as the speed springs used on the 120 volt, turntable motors on 1100 & 1200 mechanisms.

Regards
Alan

Alan Hood
ami-man
UK