Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: What wheel should I get for developing racers?  (Read 1774 times)

Howard_Casto

• Idiot Police
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 15, 2024, 10:59:21 pm
  • Your Post's Soul is MINE!!! .......Again??
    • The Dragon King
What wheel should I get for developing racers?
« on: May 31, 2017, 11:25:55 pm »
So if we are going to do this byoac racer thing I guess I need to upgrade my gear.  What would be a good wheel at a good price?  Something that also works on the ps4/xb1 or the standard Logitech deal?  Opinions would be welcomed. 

thomas_surles

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:June 19, 2023, 07:20:00 pm
Re: What wheel should I get for developing racers?
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2017, 11:57:19 pm »
I assume those pricey logotech would be the norm

MrThunderwing

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 17, 2024, 05:31:43 pm
  • As I pass, do I give you the ass or the crotch?
Re: What wheel should I get for developing racers?
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2017, 04:41:54 pm »
I was fortunate enough to 'inherit' my brother-in-law's Logitech DFGT when he sold his PS3. I've got no-idea how it compares to the really big budget wheels, but I really like it myself. It feels solid, responsive and the FFB is pretty strong in most games (and it works on both my PC and PS3). The only downer (in my opinion) is the lack of a proper Daytona style H shifter, but it does have a little up/down sequential shifter for those types of driving games (and paddle shifter under the wheel itself) and I find using the buttons on the wheel itself works just fine if you're going for that proper 4-1-3-4 (or 4-2-4) Daytona gear shift. On the absolute budget side of things, I do also still have a Thrustmaster Ferrari GT Experience 3-in-1 (the first wheel I bought), which was great for the price (less than a new Dualshock 3 pad). It lacks any FFB, but it's got a strong self-centering spring on the wheel and has got 'vibration feedback' so it rumbles and shakes in place of the wheel actively fighting back against you. Likewise, it's also usable on both PC and PS3.