Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: gt live 2008 advanced golf  (Read 2660 times)

prof5

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 09, 2017, 12:21:13 pm
gt live 2008 advanced golf
« on: May 28, 2017, 03:46:02 am »
Hi,

I have a gt live 2008 and would like to know if there is a way to open up the advanced golf section, the machine come up with, advanced play not available, this game needs to be registered by a service operator.

Thanks Mark

lilshawn

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Yesterday at 11:47:13 pm
  • I break stuff...then fix it...sometimes
Re: gt live 2008 advanced golf
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2017, 02:55:13 pm »
advanced play not available, this game needs to be registered by a service operator.

Yes, this.

The live machines MUST be connected to the internet and registered as an online machine. Only operators have the ability to even register and you pay a monthly fee as well as pay a percentage of the earnings of the machine to IT (Incredible Technologies).

call IT , they may sell you an "unplugged" update for it. this will give you full access to all the courses and whatnot and not need an internet connection. Because you aren't (well, you don't appear to be) an operator they may not sell you one of them.

they will for sure have a "home" edition you can get to upgrade it. I'm an operator, so I don't know what the deal is with those upgrades, but another user here bought one and did it.

prof5

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 09, 2017, 12:21:13 pm
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2017, 04:27:57 pm »
Thanks, I will look into an unplugged version, while playing today with a mate we found it funny that when he ended up in the trees he turned to face the pin and there was an alien stood by a tree,
never seen this before.

lilshawn

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Yesterday at 11:47:13 pm
  • I break stuff...then fix it...sometimes
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2017, 12:27:17 am »
yeah, they put a few little hidden "easter eggs" in there.