Arcade Collecting > Pinball

Williams Firepower

(1/2) > >>

pbj:
Symptom - lower left segment missing from players 1 & 2 and ball/credit displays.

So that means the problem isn't display glass, took a look at the board, and we've got a crispy resistor.

Replaced it with a half watt flame proof...

And.... There....we.... Go.

pbj:
3.5 years later, same segment went dead again and took its friend top segment with it.

Replaced the resistor again and that segment was resolved.

Top segment was a little weird, resistor looked and tested okay.  Reflow of everything did nothing.

I looked at the schematics and saw there are two chips that player 1, 2, and ball/credit have in common.  I looked over a data sheet and noticed this game only uses 6 lines of the 7 segment driver.  (No commas)  so I jumped the dead input and output to the respective unused pins.

Replaced the resistor because why not.

Lasted about five hours before an entire digit on player 2 and 4 disappeared.   :lol

More drama, next post.

jennifer:
 :)

pbj:
It’s one of my favorites, and I’m horrible at it.  This was a rescue out of a puddle of mud in San Antonio over a decade ago.  I got tired of chasing gremlins on the mpu and driver board and bought replacements from pinballpcb.  I’m not entirely happy with what I received or how I’ve been treated post sale, but the boards do work.

That backglass is missing most of the colored ink, so what you’re seeing is a bunch of colored transparencies glued to the back.  Cabinet was missing 90% of the black so I rattle canned it back.  This is a polished turd.  I’m probably in for $1,500 at this point and I’ll never get it back out of it.

Anyway, a reflow on the strobe pins in question and cleaning the edge connector got my missing digit back.

:cheers:

jennifer:
 :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version