Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Gameroomsolutions Issues  (Read 10448 times)

netsurfr

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:June 22, 2017, 06:49:58 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Gameroomsolutions Issues
« on: May 22, 2017, 11:57:41 am »
Add me to the list of customers with issues with Ryan and Gameroomsolutions. I ordered a weecade kit after a number of emails to Ryan with questions. Received the kit a week ago but noticed it was missing some items (marquee retainers, working RBP3 image, usb controller wiring diagram) all of which were supposedly included per Ryan's emails, website and youtube channel videos. It's been a week and I still don't have what I'm missing after numerous emails to Ryan who kept telling me he would get the missing retainers shipped out and the RBP3 image fixed. Today I check in again letting him know I'm losing my patience with his excuses as to why I don't have my items yet and he fires back this email saying he will not be "bullied" and that he's busy so he will get the image done whenever he gets around to it and that if I don't like it I should ship everything back to him for a refund! I tell him we would not be in this predicament had he sent me what I paid for in the first place vs. stringing me along over the last week promising to get me the retainers and image & wiring diagrams. I bought this kit for my 7 year old as a project both he & I could work on together and he's been pretty excited about it but we're on a stand still due to the missing items so the kit has sat in our workshop waiting for Ryan and Gameroomsolutions to deliver the missing items but I'm guessing at this point I'm out of luck after his latest email. Amazing to me how short sighted some small businesses owners can be. He could have risen to the occasion by promptly fixing the problem and I would have been raving about him and his customer service but now he's turned what would have been a repeat customer (was planning on ordering a 2 player kit after learning on the 1 player weecade kit) into a "share my negative experience wherever I can so it doesn't happen to others" customer.

Anyhow if you're looking at buying from gameroomsolutions.com be aware of my experience.

Mike A

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:Yesterday at 05:37:55 pm
  • This plan is foolproof
Re: Gameroomsolutions Issues
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2017, 12:30:44 pm »
Dispute the credit card charge with your credit card company.

netsurfr

• Offline Offline
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2017, 01:15:16 pm »
Maybe I should delete my original post because Ryan sent a follow up email with a different tone and apologizing for the missing parts and saying he's just short on time to get the RBP image working as he had expected.

yotsuya

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Yesterday at 10:58:57 pm
  • 2014 UCA Winner, 2014, 2015, 2016 ZapCon Winner
    • forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php/topic,137636.msg1420628.html
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2017, 02:05:36 pm »
I would not delete it. It's a part of your overall experience. If somebody wants to chime in and vouch for him, that's understandable, and I'm not saying he's a bad business person, but it is what it is.
***Build what you dig, bro. Build what you dig.***

netsurfr

• Offline Offline
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2017, 06:02:23 pm »
Wanted to update this thread by saying Ryan followed through with the missing marquee retainers and has been more helpful about trying to get the RBP3 image fixed. Maybe I got him on a bad week but he turned it around.