Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Mount LCD in Northcoast/Mameroom Ultimate Arcade II cabinet kit?  (Read 1177 times)

Erzak

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 23, 2021, 03:47:45 pm
  • First cabinet complete, now about that software...
Was looking at the Northcoast/Mameroom Ultimate Arcade II cabinet kit and noticed that the website says they do not have a mounting kit for LCD monitors, only CRTs.  Curious what people have done to mount LCDs in this kit?  I'm thinking you could build a makeshift VESA mounting board and bracket it to the two side panels?  Or leave the monitor on the stand and secure it in place, it appears from the assembly manual that the bottom half of the cabinet has a "top" to it that could be used for this purpose.

I don't have this kit, am just looking at various options.  This seems to be one of the few upright cabinet kits that I have found for sale.  I am fairly handy, but I know that if I build a cabinet from scratch I'll be looking at months until it's done, need to weigh the whole time vs. money issue.  I've read several threads on people who built this cabinet kit and the general consensus seems to be that it's good, has a few design flaws, but nothing that can't be overcome.

SlyBlueFox

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:November 29, 2023, 12:11:50 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Re: Mount LCD in Northcoast/Mameroom Ultimate Arcade II cabinet kit?
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2017, 01:47:27 pm »
Looks like you would just need to add some custom braces for the LCD mount & that's about it. Looking at that kit, looks like you will have to supply the control panel as well.

You plan on buying the a control panel kit from them too? I bought the normal quad kit awhile back & it was pretty easy to put together. The only things I did not like about it was that it was always enclosed (you had to take out the bottom screws to get back inside to the controls) & the button layout was very spread out for being a Street Fighter style layout (felt like the buttons were farther from each other than normal - maybe it was just me). That was part of my first build & have since sold it & made another similar one custom to my liking. Anyways, good luck.

Erzak

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 23, 2021, 03:47:45 pm
  • First cabinet complete, now about that software...
Re: Mount LCD in Northcoast/Mameroom Ultimate Arcade II cabinet kit?
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2017, 03:18:59 pm »
Not sure about the control panel, I'm guessing that their CP kit is designed to fit nicely with their cabinet kit?  The classic CP kit looks like a copy of the SlikStik CP.

I am also looking at the cabinet kits from Monster Arcade, they seem to be a better value, comes with a CP that has a hinged top, and costs less.  Also comes with glass bezel and marquee bezel.  Their CP layout is also similar to the SlikStik layout.