Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Hantarex (MTC 900/E?) dead?  (Read 117 times)

OnePunchRob

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Hantarex (MTC 900/E?) dead?
« on: May 17, 2017, 05:46:08 pm »
Hi,

I wonder if someone can help me.  I recently bought an old Jamma cab from a friend.  The monitor doesn't show anything when powered on and there is no glow in the neck at all.

It's definitely a Hantarex, but I'm not sure what model it is.  From what I have read online I'm thinking it might be a MTC 900/E.  The main boards are marked with PE07 and D(something)04.  The neck board is marked NE04.

I have checked both fuses on the main board and both are fine and haven't blown.  However, after testing a few points in continuity on a multi-meter, I'm not getting a beep from one component.  It's the long white bar at the top of the attached image.  There is another smaller one of these on the board which seems fine.

Does anyone know what this part is?  There are no markings on it that I can see.  Is it fixable, or replaceable?

There is also a loose wire hanging from the bare earth wire that goes around the tube.  The spade clip on this wire still has the terminal inside so looks like it's snapped off from somewhere.

Any help greatly appreciated!

Thanks.

grantspain

• I personally prefer "bog trotter"
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
Re: Hantarex (MTC 900/E?) dead?
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2017, 11:51:17 am »
that is the load resistor on the regulator,they rarely go open circuit-only if the regulator is short circuit and the chassis is left powered on for a long time
it should be 200 ohm,read it with a meter

you need to check the hot and regulator(both mounted at opposite heat shields) but almost certainly TH2 will be open circuit one side(should read about 1 ohm one side and around 60 ohms the other)

the black wire hanging down is the dag earth from the tube and should plug into a spade header on the neck card,it has obviously broken off which is quite common-you can hard wire back in,its marked FS9 on the neck card

OnePunchRob

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Re: Hantarex (MTC 900/E?) dead?
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2017, 06:44:30 am »
Thanks grantspain!

I need to get a new meter and then I'll check these out and report back.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31