Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: AMI ROWE CD100F Mechanism Control Computer Keeps Going Bad.  (Read 3159 times)

jdemarti

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 31, 2022, 10:57:25 am
Hopefully someone can help with some insight. I'm working on a CD100F and I'm having trouble with the Mechanism Control Computer going bad. It all started when the jukebox powers on the carousel will rotate 5 or 6 slots, pick up a cd, place it on the turntable then immediately rejects the cd and places it back into the carousel, then carousel moves another 5 or 6 slots and the whole process starts over again and again of rotating carousel, placing the cd on the turntable and immediately rejecting it, etc. I noted that the board error light is lit on the mechanism while this is happening.

I changed out the mechanism control computer and everything started working fine. A few days later the same exact thing happened with the symptoms above and the board error light is now on. Whatever is going on something is frying the mechanism control computer (I checked the mechanism in another jukebox. it's fried).  I would hate to chalk this up as coincidence and try a 3rd mechanism control if the same this is going to happen again. They are not cheap.  Has anyone seen this happen before? Not sure where to go next besides changing out the Power Supply and/or Central Control Computer. Trial and error can get quite expensive. 

Any thoughts from the group?  Thanks in advance. 

ami-man

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 19, 2020, 01:22:45 pm
Re: AMI ROWE CD100F Mechanism Control Computer Keeps Going Bad.
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2017, 05:13:14 am »
What Laser is fitted in the jukebox?

Regards
Alan

Alan Hood
ami-man
UK

jdemarti

• Offline Offline
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2017, 11:01:50 am »
It has a CDPRO 1254 player installed. CDM12 Mechanism Board

lilshawn

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Today at 11:51:50 am
  • I break stuff...then fix it...sometimes
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2017, 11:45:10 am »
a disk drop and no spinning is usually indicative of a bad laser assembly. the system checks to make sure the CD was actually picked up before trying to spin up the disk to read it.

if you pluck the next CD from the carousel so picks up and places nothing on the spindle, can you see the laser come on at all to check for the disk?

if not, bad laser assembly.

if so,  :dunno

jdemarti

• Offline Offline
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2017, 01:15:23 pm »
I'm sure it is not a bad laser assembly. At this time I know the Mechanism Controller is bad. The question is, what is making the mechanism controller go bad? It works for a few days then goes bad. This is the second controller and is now doing the same darn thing.

ami-man

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 19, 2020, 01:22:45 pm
« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2017, 09:35:55 am »
I have known of  Control units that have been damaged because of the loom that goes from the control board to the CDM-12 or CD-PRO laser has been connected to the wrong sockets on the laser.
The audio and power connections do not quite look the same but the plugs from the loom will fit both sockets.

The same can be said the DSA & 12S sockets

Why on earth make them the same sockets.

Regards
Alan

jdemarti

• Offline Offline
« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2017, 03:47:07 pm »
Thank you.  I checked the connections and they are in the right place. As I mentioned, it was working for a couple right after I changed the Mechanism control. After that the Mech went bad again and started doing the carousel move, cd place, replace, move, etc. 

The only think I can possibly think is maybe the gripper arm motor or the scan motor may be going bad and drawing too many amps?  Is that possible?  Or, something is wrong with the power supply? I doubt the CCC can damage the mech, but not 100% sure.

Those are the only possible things I can think of at the moment. Not sure how far off base I can be with that.  Thoughts from the group?

Thanks