Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: I am new and have questions!!! - Please Help  (Read 5230 times)

CaptainSuperman

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 24, 2017, 10:31:55 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
I am new and have questions!!! - Please Help
« on: May 15, 2017, 05:35:31 pm »
Hello,

Like the title said, I am new to this and have questions! Before we get to the questions let me give you the details of what I currently have. I bought a Quasicade Jr last week that runs XBMC on an original Xbox.

The Questions:

1: Does anyone make custom ROMS?... My goal is to add as many Marvel games as possible, so I thought it would be cool to add any games that I have not played before.

2: I want to add some custom side art for the Quasicade Jr, but cannot find the measurements to provide it to someone to print them up. Where can i find that?

3: Ideally I want to add a start up video to replace the Xbox Gen 1 start up video. Is that possible?

ed12

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 31, 2018, 03:44:39 pm
  • it is what it is..."Nobody Said It Was Easy"....
Re: I am new and have questions!!! - Please Help
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2017, 11:01:28 pm »
do people really read the rules any more ?

>1: Does anyone make custom ROMS?... My goal is to add as many Marvel games as possible, so I thought it would be cool to add any games that I have not played before.< ...????

here > 5. Nothing illegal! Do I even need to explain this one? Need a ROM to repair an arcade board you own? Fine to talk about. Need a ROM to complete your MAME collection? Don't bother to post here. If someone posts such a request, please don't answer it -- no direct answers, no hints, no private messages. <

this site dose not condon nor will support this

ed
« Last Edit: May 15, 2017, 11:05:50 pm by ed12 »
Shipping something from the U.S. to Canada for repair/exchange?  Please use USPS to avoid (additional?/excessive?) shipping charges.  PM me if you have any questions.

ark_ader

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 02, 2019, 07:35:34 pm
  • I glow in the dark.
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2017, 11:29:08 pm »
Hello,

Like the title said, I am new to this and have questions! Before we get to the questions let me give you the details of what I currently have. I bought a Quasicade Jr last week that runs XBMC on an original Xbox.

The Questions:

1: Does anyone make custom ROMS?... My goal is to add as many Marvel games as possible, so I thought it would be cool to add any games that I have not played before.

2: I want to add some custom side art for the Quasicade Jr, but cannot find the measurements to provide it to someone to print them up. Where can i find that?

3: Ideally I want to add a start up video to replace the Xbox Gen 1 start up video. Is that possible?

I had a mod on the original xbox where I had over 50 characters playing against each other similar to Street Fighter (the name escapes me) the video for the mod and getting it is here: http://tinyurl.com/mysyat9

This is all very doable, create some cool artwork and use it as a front end with dragon.  Look on ebay for some old marvel xbox games then do a softmod with a bigger hard drive.  Custom side art can be found online (you have to look and use a tape measure), you can decide what theme you want.  Check out the console section for xbox modding tips.  Make a bad ass Marvel cabinet!

do people really read the rules any more ?

>1: Does anyone make custom ROMS?... My goal is to add as many Marvel games as possible, so I thought it would be cool to add any games that I have not played before.< ...????

here > 5. Nothing illegal! Do I even need to explain this one? Need a ROM to repair an arcade board you own? Fine to talk about. Need a ROM to complete your MAME collection? Don't bother to post here. If someone posts such a request, please don't answer it -- no direct answers, no hints, no private messages. <

this site dose not condom nor will support this ribbed venture in any way.

ed

FTFY

Really ed?  Really?

The guy is talking about xbox mods, not arcade roms.  Congratulations on your perfect knee-jerk reaction there buddy. 

Please leave the sarcastic responses to those who are more qualified, as you clearly dose not have the gift for it.  ::)
« Last Edit: May 15, 2017, 11:53:34 pm by ark_ader »
If I had only one wish, it would be for three more wishes.

ed12

• Offline Offline
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2017, 11:59:16 pm »
THE LORD ARK HIMSELF HAS NOW MOVED FROM PREACHING TO DOUBLE TALK
hey dude have another on your >>>>>NO MAME TALK AND HOW PROUD U WHERE AS U HIT THAT DRUM-ER BOY<<<<<
remeber ark ????
where u BRAGGED about having a person remove there mame machine BEACUSE IT WAS  quote iilegal ????
must suck beening u ???
i leave the door open for your attack mr :ins-man:

ed
Shipping something from the U.S. to Canada for repair/exchange?  Please use USPS to avoid (additional?/excessive?) shipping charges.  PM me if you have any questions.

Titchgamer

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 17, 2023, 08:05:48 am
  • I have a gaming addiction.....
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2017, 01:59:49 am »
Arks suffered a shot to the head me thinks!

ark_ader

• Offline Offline
  • I glow in the dark.
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2017, 03:23:13 am »
THE LORD ARK HIMSELF HAS NOW MOVED FROM PREACHING TO DOUBLE TALK
hey dude have another on your >>>>>NO MAME TALK AND HOW PROUD U WHERE AS U HIT THAT DRUM-ER BOY<<<<<
remeber ark ????
where u BRAGGED about having a person remove there mame machine BEACUSE IT WAS  quote iilegal ????
must suck beening u ???
i leave the door open for your attack mr :ins-man:

ed

OK let us get back to basics.  Modding is kinda legal (DMCA and Jail-breaking), not so much in Australia or Russia, but there is a market for it, and since we are talking about a dead platform, well we can have some poetic license to move around in.  If I buy a "for parts only console", like NES, and I strip its innards out and replace it with a Raspberry Pi as a media center, that can be considered a mod.  Since this is BYOAC we mod ---steaming pile of meadow muffin--- all day.  If you have copyright roms, that is a different story, except where the mod of the rom is given permission by the copyright holders,  :blah:  but we are not talking about that in this thread.  I am talking about modding an original xbox and making it a Marvel themed cabinet.  Totally different, my friend. I believe that is what the OP was referring to when he posted and you rudely responded with rule number 5.  The horror.

I got a client to remove a mame games machine, purely out of ethics, and they got something better, except maybe some PTSD with all the COD. Anyway, after this brief interlude, you will see that I am right and you are wrong (yet again), and also since I am nearly always right, we will just take it for granted from now on.  I do like the Lord Ark title, as it has a nice ring to it.

So I hit a drummer boy?  When did I do that?

I do like to bang my drum from time to time.  :laugh2:

Any relevance?

Arks suffered a shot to the head me thinks! /lame

"Kids have what I call a built-in hypocrisy antenna that comes up and blocks out what you're saying when you're being a hypocrite."

Ben Carson

He who would do good to another must do it in Minute Particulars: general Good is the plea of the scoundrel, hypocrite, and flatterer, for Art and Science cannot exist but in minutely organized Particulars.

William Blake

« Last Edit: May 16, 2017, 03:44:05 am by ark_ader »

CheffoJeffo

• Cheffo's right! ---saint
  • Wiki Master
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 08, 2024, 03:49:06 pm
  • Worthless button pusher!
« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2017, 08:10:44 am »

I think what you are asking is "how can I run other games on my XBox?". That might get you better (or even some actual) answers.

I don't think you're going to find anybody who has an actual Quasi Jr, so will have to wait until you get your cabinet and measure yourself.

Presumably. You may want to check the Consoles board.

Welcome, good luck and, please, ignore the off-topic ranting (particularly ark talking about how he is always right -- he's usually wrong).
Working: Not Enough
Projects: Too Many
Progress: None

yotsuya

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Today at 02:02:53 am
  • 2014 UCA Winner, 2014, 2015, 2016 ZapCon Winner
    • forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php/topic,137636.msg1420628.html
« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2017, 10:02:26 am »
That's pretty funny, when I saw Ed's post about the illegal ROMs, I immediately thought it was Ark who posted it.
***Build what you dig, bro. Build what you dig.***

ark_ader

• Offline Offline
  • I glow in the dark.
« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2017, 04:54:06 pm »

I think what you are asking is "how can I run other games on my XBox?". That might get you better (or even some actual) answers.

Look on ebay for some old marvel xbox games then do a softmod with a bigger hard drive.

I don't think you're going to find anybody who has an actual Quasi Jr, so will have to wait until you get your cabinet and measure yourself.

Custom side art can be found online (you have to look and use a tape measure), you can decide what theme you want.

Presumably. You may want to check the Consoles board.

Check out the console section for xbox modding tips.  Make a bad ass Marvel cabinet!

Welcome, good luck and, please, ignore the off-topic ranting (particularly ark talking about how he is always right -- he's usually wrong).

Thanks for quoting my original post, your quoting skills are somewhat lacking of late.  I was responding to ed in my off topic posts.  Apologies if you got confused.

So in all honesty, can you please explain why you had to post everything I practically typed in my original post?  Are we of the same mind, or can you not think outside the (x)box?  Naturally I am not always correct, but to ed, I can be.  I would start engaging in crossword puzzles if I was you, as with people with advanced age, the mind is the first thing to go.  :lol

CheffoJeffo

• Wiki Master
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #9 on: May 16, 2017, 05:01:54 pm »
And this is why NOBODY ever takes advice from ark ...  ::)

ark_ader

• Offline Offline
  • I glow in the dark.
« Reply #10 on: May 17, 2017, 04:04:40 pm »
And this is why NOBODY ever takes advice from ark ...  ::)

I....must....not....keep....feeding.....the...troll.

ed12

• Offline Offline
« Reply #11 on: May 17, 2017, 04:18:16 pm »
lord ark u are so full of ---steaming pile of meadow muffin---
it just blows my mind
make up your mind for once in your life

ed

CheffoJeffo

• Wiki Master
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #12 on: May 17, 2017, 04:24:32 pm »
Thing that ark doesn't seem to understand is that his penchant for dickishness negates any recommendations he may make. Nobody wants to take advice from the community ---uvula---.

That's why, even in those rare cases when he isn't completely wrong, somebody else has to come by and post in order to lend a degree of credibility.

:afro:

ed12

• Offline Offline
« Reply #13 on: May 17, 2017, 04:58:58 pm »
thk-u cheffojeffo
advice well stated and taken

ed

Titchgamer

• Offline Offline
« Reply #14 on: May 17, 2017, 06:11:27 pm »
Thing that ark doesn't seem to understand is that his penchant for dickishness negates any recommendations he may make. Nobody wants to take advice from the community ---uvula---.

That's why, even in those rare cases when he isn't completely wrong, somebody else has to come by and post in order to lend a degree of credibility.

LOL

Thats all from me :)

Wish this place had a rep button lol

ark_ader

• Offline Offline
  • I glow in the dark.
« Reply #15 on: May 18, 2017, 05:56:39 am »

LOL

Don't encourage him please.

Titchgamer

• Offline Offline
« Reply #16 on: May 18, 2017, 05:57:54 am »

LOL

We keep trying to discourage you but look where thats got us! :p

ark_ader

• Offline Offline
  • I glow in the dark.
« Reply #17 on: May 18, 2017, 06:11:06 am »
lord ark u are so full of ---steaming pile of meadow muffin---
it just blows my mind
make up your mind for once in your life

ed

I do have that effect on people.  I believe you should take the time to indulge your audience, with random role reversals to keep from the monotony.  I would hate to bore you with consistency.  Being consistent is a foolish behavior of our modern life, for which there is no recourse.  It is better to be misunderstood.

“A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds, adored by little statesmen and philosophers and divines. With consistency a great soul has simply nothing to do. He may as well concern himself with his shadow on the wall. Speak what you think now in hard words, and to-morrow speak what to-morrow thinks in hard words again, though it contradict every thing you said to-day. — 'Ah, so you shall be sure to be misunderstood.' — Is it so bad, then, to be misunderstood? Pythagoras was misunderstood, and Socrates, and Jesus, and Luther, and Copernicus, and Galileo, and Newton, and every pure and wise spirit that ever took flesh. To be great is to be misunderstood.”
― Ralph Waldo Emerson

ark_ader

• Offline Offline
  • I glow in the dark.
« Reply #18 on: May 18, 2017, 06:12:44 am »

LOL

What a load of Bollocks.  ::)

CheffoJeffo

• Wiki Master
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #19 on: May 18, 2017, 07:00:52 am »

ark_ader

• Offline Offline
  • I glow in the dark.

Titchgamer

• Offline Offline
I am new and have questions!!! - Please Help
« Reply #21 on: May 18, 2017, 08:36:18 am »

LOL

What a load of Bollocks.  ::)

Mikezilla

• I have a hairy back and everything!
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 18, 2017, 07:06:56 pm
  • I can't see the picture darn it!!!
« Reply #22 on: May 23, 2017, 04:43:37 pm »

Ha! Even though I have been gone a while, its good to see some things dont change. Ark is still a ---meecrob--- bag  :lol
Pictures are overrated anyway.

clok

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 03, 2018, 10:58:39 pm
  • I can play PacMan till the screen splits!
« Reply #23 on: May 23, 2017, 11:52:01 pm »
Not a custom ROM, but MUGEN has almost any fighting character  ever made (and many new ones) available to download and play in a Streetfighter/KOF clone that is free as far as I know. Now if its available  on the Platform you want (xbox 360? or was it the original xbox?) I see with google it appears its on the XBOX (original) but again, gray area. good luck.

ark_ader

• Offline Offline
  • I glow in the dark.
« Reply #24 on: May 24, 2017, 12:58:23 am »
Not a custom ROM, but MUGEN has almost any fighting character  ever made (and many new ones) available to download and play in a Streetfighter/KOF clone that is free as far as I know. Now if its available  on the Platform you want (xbox 360? or was it the original xbox?) I see with google it appears its on the XBOX (original) but again, gray area. good luck.

That is the Xbox game that has all marvel games and a few hundred to boot.  It was for the original xbox, but after installing all the custom games with retropie, that was available as mods for the original Xbox, like star control, the only place not checked would be xbins as it was a few years back.  Thanks for reminding me of the name of the software. It would be cool if it was available for retropie.

http://www.ioffer.com/img3/item/493/880/484/mortal-kombat-vs-street-fighter-2-d-fighting-mugen-pc-6415.jpg

« Last Edit: May 24, 2017, 01:14:44 am by ark_ader »

ark_ader

• Offline Offline
  • I glow in the dark.
« Reply #25 on: May 24, 2017, 01:00:44 am »

Ha! Even though I have been gone a while, its good to see some things dont change. Ark is still a ---meecrob--- bag  :lol

Shame to see you are still that troll.  Well welcome back, I guess... ::)

CheffoJeffo

• Wiki Master
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #26 on: May 24, 2017, 07:35:32 am »
Nice to see the stupid comments the people on this board make are consistent.

ark_ader

• Offline Offline
  • I glow in the dark.
« Reply #27 on: May 24, 2017, 06:22:34 pm »
Nice to see the stupid comments the people on this board make are consistent.

Yes that quote is still relevent today as it was back then.  I decided to turn the cheek and forgive those who troll against me, but thanks to Cheffo, the decision is as important to me today.  I really do feel pity for those who go out of their way to perform a personal slight, than taking the effort in joining the conversation and creating some useful dialogue which would benefit the persons' perusal of this topic.  Yet where would we be without the persistant antagonist?   ::)

I guess it is the way of the world, where manners and social tolerance is ignored.  Thank you Cheffo for the reality check.

CheffoJeffo

• Wiki Master
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #28 on: May 24, 2017, 07:52:04 pm »
Shouldn't you be off reporting somebody for something?
 :blah:

DrakeTungsten

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 14, 2022, 06:36:45 pm
  • I effed with the wrong person!
    • No Quarter - a basic FE, WIP
« Reply #29 on: May 24, 2017, 08:10:09 pm »
Along the same lines, there's OpenBOR for beat-em-ups. I see it's been ported to at least one of the X-Box versions, and there have been games made with it using Marvel characters.
No Quarter - a basic FE, WIP