Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: How popular are these now?  (Read 3390 times)

rnb

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 22, 2017, 10:31:50 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
How popular are these now?
« on: May 15, 2017, 12:46:45 am »
Back in the day I had a couple of these in the gamesroom even did a boat load of hard drive upgrades from CD rom but that was over a decade ago. Split up and the games room is gone now but I still have a bunch of projects. Now they've been sitting here long enough they need to be dusted and looking am them it crosses my mind whether they are worth the effort or not and do they have appeal. I'm more of a pinball guy myself the ones I did own were mostly for the ex and her friends as they weren't pinheads.

What I'm sitting on is a Radion and a platinum, both look complete one power supply is apart on the radion so suspect that is it's issue. I also have a box of parts. Several motherboards, risers, some with CPUs, ram, couple HDD, I/O boards etc it was all a package deal. Now question is either of these machines worth the effort?