Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Sega Ringwide loader- Sega Racing Classic AKA Daytona playable  (Read 70792 times)

isamu

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Yesterday at 02:38:32 am
  • I'm a llama!
Re: Sega Ringwide loader- Sega Racing Classic AKA Daytona playable
« Reply #160 on: May 20, 2018, 01:19:27 am »
Thanks bro  :cheers:

isamu

• Offline Offline
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #161 on: May 20, 2018, 01:39:53 am »
OK quick question.....I got the OR2SP dump. In TeknoParrot, what is the actual file I need to set it to, to launch the game? There's a bunch of different directories and files in the OR2SP folder and someone said something about all the important files being in the "disk0" folder. I looked in there but which of the files does TP use to actually launch the game? The other games I have, contain an exe but OR2SP doesn't.

Boomslang

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 01, 2024, 08:20:43 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
« Reply #162 on: May 20, 2018, 02:11:36 am »
Jennifer/Jennifer.elf

also just so you know, you don't currently need patreon, the latest public version is identical to patreon version.

There is a new patreon coming out in next couple weeks tho and it looks like it might have Sega Race TV!

isamu

• Offline Offline
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #163 on: May 20, 2018, 04:44:50 am »
Awesome thanks mate!  :cheers:

I'm at work now so can't wait to get home and try this out!

Sega Race TV sounds awesome. Hopefully it's in there like you said.

I can't wait until he eventually adds network/online support to OR2SPDX. Do you happen to know if the game originally supported actual online play in the arcades, or was it simply local multiplayer via linked cabinet LAN? If it's via LAN only, how well do you think it would translate to online multiplayer?

Are the Initial D games, particularly Stage 7 and Stage 8 LAN only games? If so, how was TeknoGuy able to implement online play ? I see several people playing ID7 and ID8 everyday in different lobbies. I wonder if OR2SPDX can achieve this? Hell, if he can work his magic on making LAN only games work in an online multiplayer environment, who's to say he can't get Sega Racing Classic up and running online?

This guy seems like he can do pretty much anything. I love to see him go old school and make a dedicated Namco System 22 emulator so we can finally play the Ridge Racer games properly with hardware accelerated graphics and particularly Rave Racer with force feedback and online play. man I'd ---smurfing--- KILL for that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  :dizzy: :o  :o :dizzy: :afro:

Boomslang

• Offline Offline
« Reply #164 on: May 20, 2018, 05:01:56 am »
Most the games support LAN except for sonic racing from memory.

At this point there hasn't really been any interest in Lindbergh networking, especially from Reaver. He isn't really the guy who does network side however that's typically done by NTA.

They have setup some special system via steam somehow to do the online. He can't do Sega racing classic as it works differently

He also isn't interested in old arcade games, I've asked

isamu

• Offline Offline
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #165 on: May 20, 2018, 05:49:13 am »
OK Gotcha.

isamu

• Offline Offline
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #166 on: May 21, 2018, 01:11:03 am »
Yea it's actual ffb now and not just vibration etc and no you don't need additional plugin anymore.

Each game is different really but I personally helped get ffb going with Reaver so I'm happy with most of it.

Need a bit of help if you don't mind mate: Can you please tell me how to get ffb working in Initial D 7? I played the game and got my wheel working but didn't feel any ffb. I read somewhere that you have to enable it from within the game's test menu. Is this true? I tried getting into the test menu but upon pressing the test button the game simply crashes back to desktop. Any ideas how to get around it crashing?

Also, I read somewhere that out of the three ID games TP supports(ID6, ID7, and ID8)ID7 is the only one that supports proper H-Pattern shifting. So I assigned each gear to my shifter but while playing the game it only recognized my sequential. The emulator thinks I'm using a Logitech G27 wheel by the way. How do I get the H-Pattern working in ID7?

Boomslang

• Offline Offline
« Reply #167 on: May 21, 2018, 01:19:26 am »
you simply load up teknoparrotui.exe and go to emulation settings then set it as Dinput and you will see the Force Feedback menu below

tick Use Force Feedback then select your wheel in drop down menu and click save settings

you shouldn't have to press test button ingame, just load id6, 7 or 8 and click the toggle to test menu before even launching game

as for h pattern, Reaver did one of them awhile back for H pattern and will do the others eventually, its more a hack as the games only use sequential in actual arcades

isamu

• Offline Offline
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #168 on: May 21, 2018, 02:11:41 am »
you simply load up teknoparrotui.exe and go to emulation settings then set it as Dinput and you will see the Force Feedback menu below

tick Use Force Feedback then select your wheel in drop down menu and click save settings

you shouldn't have to press test button ingame, just load id6, 7 or 8 and click the toggle to test menu before even launching game

I did all that already but admit I only played it for a few minutes, and realized i had my ffb strength in the windows control panel settings turned down to 60%. Perhaps I need to increase it. Thanks for the reply....I'll try again tomorrow when I get back home  and see if I can sort it out.

as for h pattern, Reaver did one of them awhile back for H pattern and will do the others eventually, its more a hack as the games only use sequential in actual arcades

Ahhh gotcha...if you find out which of them he "hacked" for H-pattern support please reply back and let me know. I'm assuming I'll need to download some sort of plugin or something to get the "hack" to activate?

Boomslang

• Offline Offline
« Reply #169 on: May 21, 2018, 03:21:39 am »
No it's all part of it now. No extra plugins etc

isamu

• Offline Offline
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #170 on: May 21, 2018, 07:51:13 pm »
OK I got everything working now.  :applaud:  The H-pattern was simply an option I missed in the emulator's menu settings. Also the FFb was not activated on my end for some weird reason. Anyway after getting the FFB working now, it feels very nice!!

After spending some time with it, all I can say is Initial D stage 7 is **FUN**!!!!!!!!!!!! I've been missing the boat on these games for so long. I love the whole anime aestestic and flavor of this game. The presentation and the whole Rivalry angle is awesome.  I'm up to the E1 Rivals or whatever you want to call them. The drifting of the Toyota Trueno is very intuitive and the overall car handling is surprisingly fantastic!

Guess I'll go ahead and move on to trying out ID8 but I can't wait until Reaver releases the H-gate patch for that game. I have a sequential shifter I can use in the meantime but there's nothing like shifting a Japanese drift car using a real life H-gated shifter which I'm using with my rig.

The only gripe I have, and this isn't the game's or emulator's fault, is that despite applying the ID7 English Translation patch, 99% of the game's text is still in Japanese. Is that the case for you? Perhaps I applied the translation patch wrong, but  it's kinda hard to figure out what's going on with my progress in the game due to the lack of English subtitles. Do you suspect I applied the English patch incorrectly? I did follow the readme's instructions(I think). Is the English Translation patch supposed to translate the majority of the text contained within the game's menus and intermission? It's really all the different menu options I'm having a problem figuring out. If you guys have any tips please let me know.

Malenko

• KNEEL BEFORE ZODlenko!
  • Trade Count: (+58)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 17, 2024, 01:15:07 pm
  • Have you played with my GingerBalls?
    • forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php/topic,142404.msg1475162.html
« Reply #171 on: May 22, 2018, 08:24:48 am »
You have the English patch applied properly, all the stuff that is text based is translated. All the stuff that is image based isn't.  You can download google translate for your phone and point it at the screen and it does a serviceable job of giving you a broken English translation.
If you're replying to a troll you are part of the problem.
I also need to follow this advice. Ignore or report, don't reply.

isamu

• Offline Offline
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #172 on: May 22, 2018, 09:48:09 am »
Yup. That's true. Got a reply back from Syfyre and he said it'll be the most complete version for a while. Although I do find your suggestion regarding pointing my cellphone at my screen to translate text intriguing. Is this really possible or were you joking around?  :lol

Malenko

• KNEEL BEFORE ZODlenko!
  • Trade Count: (+58)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 17, 2024, 01:15:07 pm
  • Have you played with my GingerBalls?
    • forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php/topic,142404.msg1475162.html
« Reply #173 on: May 22, 2018, 10:20:51 am »
Although I do find your suggestion regarding pointing my cellphone at my screen to translate text intriguing. Is this really possible or were you joking around?  :lol

It sounds like I'm joking, but I'm serious. Some translations are WAY OFF, but for the most part you can get the gist of it.  I don't know if Google Translate is available for iOS, but it works well on my S7
If you're replying to a troll you are part of the problem.
I also need to follow this advice. Ignore or report, don't reply.

isamu

• Offline Offline
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #174 on: May 22, 2018, 01:06:30 pm »
Although I do find your suggestion regarding pointing my cellphone at my screen to translate text intriguing. Is this really possible or were you joking around?  :lol

It sounds like I'm joking, but I'm serious. Some translations are WAY OFF, but for the most part you can get the gist of it.  I don't know if Google Translate is available for iOS, but it works well on my S7

OK cool, thanks. I got an android phone so I'll see if my camera is good enough and give it a shot.

isamu

• Offline Offline
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #175 on: May 22, 2018, 10:54:28 pm »
OK time for a general TeknoParrot question. I would like to start adding some of these games to my Steam account as Shortcut "Non-Steam" games. I've accomplished this with my racers from MAME, SuperModel, Model 2 and other Emulators. I'm assuming I'll need to create some sort of batch file somewhere, but is it possible to launch these games without opening and going through the TeknoParrot GUI? If so, please tell me how.

nugarp

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:Yesterday at 11:14:57 am
« Reply #176 on: May 22, 2018, 11:50:46 pm »
OK time for a general TeknoParrot question. I would like to start adding some of these games to my Steam account as Shortcut "Non-Steam" games. I've accomplished this with my racers from MAME, SuperModel, Model 2 and other Emulators. I'm assuming I'll need to create some sort of batch file somewhere, but is it possible to launch these games without opening and going through the TeknoParrot GUI? If so, please tell me how.

msg'd in the discord but adding here just to have a record for others with the same question:

Code: [Select]
TeknoParrotUi.exe "C:\path\to\game\file.exe" --profile=SR3.xml

the XML file you want is stored in the TP UserProfiles directory (once you've configured controls etc for a game).
Wheel2XInput | HDRecoil | LeaderLamps | NetLauncher | Discord | Youtube

isamu

• Offline Offline
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #177 on: May 23, 2018, 01:15:28 am »
Yup, got it sorted now, thanks! :)

I posted the following in the discord as well but I'll go ahead and post it here in-case:

______

I would like to replace all the background music files in Initial D 7, ID8, and WMMT5. Can you kindly tell me which directory in each game's folder contains the music files, and what their extensions are? I took a brief look at the ID7 Sub-directory and looked in "SOUNDS" but didn't see anything I recognized as music files. Any help would be appreciated.

buttersoft

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 16, 2024, 09:44:54 pm
  • Is running at 15kHz
« Reply #178 on: July 18, 2018, 07:35:57 pm »
Don't want to re-hash an old topic but I wanted to let people know that I was able to load up Revo Tracks in SR3.  It works great, you can now play all the Revo tracks with 60FPS and better handling and FFB.  Here's a video of all Tropical tracks in SR3 https://youtu.be/sB5X6dIvGM4?t=70

Trying to see if I can also import the cars...

Hoping against hope that NinjaZero comes back and tells us how he did this. Dude, we really want to know :)

POOTERMAN

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 18, 2021, 05:08:30 pm
    • My PC Desktop Icon Atwork
« Reply #179 on: August 10, 2018, 06:49:25 am »
Just had a quick look and I reckon that you just have to copy over all the files from arcade release of Sega Rally 3 located in the folder '\Rally\Main_release\tracks' and put them in the Sega Rally Revo folder '\Main_release\tracks' folder. Then rename them to what they were originally called in the PC Sega Rally Revo release, backing up your original PC files first of course. Might try it later if I get the chance and probably the same for the cars too.

MrThunderwing

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:Yesterday at 01:30:48 pm
  • As I pass, do I give you the ass or the crotch?
« Reply #180 on: August 10, 2018, 02:00:33 pm »
Just had a quick look and I reckon that you just have to copy over all the files from arcade release of Sega Rally 3 located in the folder '\Rally\Main_release\tracks' and put them in the Sega Rally Revo folder '\Main_release\tracks' folder. Then rename them to what they were originally called in the PC Sega Rally Revo release, backing up your original PC files first of course. Might try it later if I get the chance and probably the same for the cars too.

Nice one Gary, be cool to hear how you get on.

buttersoft

• Offline Offline
  • Is running at 15kHz
« Reply #181 on: August 14, 2018, 01:53:11 am »

Lol, that's backward, no? We want to run Revo tracks in SR3, not the other way round? Otherwise all we'd be gaining is the three arcade tracks in SRR, which are already there? The idea is to expand the tracks available in SR3, and the video above shows NinjaZero running SR3 (as normal?) but getting Revo tracks to load. Maybe i should watch it again and see if there are any clues.

Or did you mean vice versa? I did give copying the SRR tracks into the SR3 folder, and it wasn't as simple as just copying stuff. I think i might have tried renaming as well, but it's been a while. Keen to hear how you get on though, all jokes aside, because i'd like to get this working :)

I wonder if networking would continue to function too, or screw up somewhere.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2018, 02:40:30 am by buttersoft »

Boomslang

• Offline Offline
« Reply #182 on: August 14, 2018, 03:35:16 am »
I don't wanna sound too rude. But instead of asking over and over, why not just get off your ass and try it yourself? I literally just got my copy of revo and copied the track stuff across, renamed to the original track names and it works fine and took 5 mins to try

buttersoft

• Offline Offline
  • Is running at 15kHz
« Reply #183 on: August 14, 2018, 07:59:31 pm »
I don't wanna sound too rude. But instead of asking over and over, why not just get off your ass and try it yourself? I literally just got my copy of revo and copied the track stuff across, renamed to the original track names and it works fine and took 5 mins to try

I did. It failed to work. However, knowing that you did it gives me hope enough to try again :) And possibly to start playing with some other settings like resolution if it doesn't work this time. 

Are you running Windows 10, by the way? And did you network the new tracks by any chance?
« Last Edit: August 14, 2018, 08:06:08 pm by buttersoft »

MrThunderwing

• Offline Offline
« Reply #184 on: August 21, 2018, 03:38:04 pm »
I had a bit of a play around with the adding Revo tracks into SR3 thing when I got home from work today with mixed results. I successfully swapped out the Tropical track in SR3 for the first Safari one in Revo by swapping the Revo track sbf files (and the BIN) into SR3's \Rally\Main_release\tracks\Tropical4 folder and then just renaming them to either 'tro_track_route4' or 'tropical' to match the Safari ones. SR3 loads the track fine, but none of my wheel inputs work once it's loaded. Once the timer runs down and I return to the title screen, all the inputs remain unresponsive. If I load up the game and try one of the default tracks that I haven't changed, the inputs work fine. Weird - I don't get why changing the GFX would affect the controls. Same thing happens with both my wheel and an Xbox 360 pad. I've tried putting the original BIN file of the Tropical track back in there to see if that makes a difference - it doesn't. The track loads OK with either BIN, but the controls just don't work.

MrThunderwing

• Offline Offline
« Reply #185 on: August 21, 2018, 05:12:09 pm »
Decided to have a try with the two other tracks and this time had success! I Swapped out the Canyon track for a different Canyon track from Revo and it worked. Next I swapped out the Alpine track for an Arctic track from Revo and likewise worked absolutely fine  ;D. Just the Safari one that does't seem happy for some reason. Awesome!

Edit: Swapped out the Tropical track for another Tropical track from Revo after this and swapped the Desert '95 one for a Safari track, all working perfectly. Amazeballs!
« Last Edit: August 21, 2018, 05:39:20 pm by MrThunderwing »

POOTERMAN

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 18, 2021, 05:08:30 pm
    • My PC Desktop Icon Atwork
« Reply #186 on: August 22, 2018, 01:30:47 pm »
Nice work Al, glad you got it working :) Im on holiday so not in front of my PC and just wanted to ask Does the arcade version of Sega Rally 3 have far les tracks than Sega Rally Revo for PC? Are there enough 'different' tracks to warrant trying to make a modded version of the game? Just curious to see if it would be possible to make a new revised version of the game that featured all the tracks that were ever made. Guess the GUI woud need to be modified which ain't easy :(

negative1

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 04, 2024, 04:06:51 pm
« Reply #187 on: August 22, 2018, 02:42:51 pm »
Nice work Al, glad you got it working :) Im on holiday so not in front of my PC and just wanted to ask Does the arcade version of Sega Rally 3 have far les tracks than Sega Rally Revo for PC? Are there enough 'different' tracks to warrant trying to make a modded version of the game? Just curious to see if it would be possible to make a new revised version of the game that featured all the tracks that were ever made. Guess the GUI woud need to be modified which ain't easy :(

i mentioned in my post comparing the two, the arcade version only has a few tracks, the home version has a ton more.
http://forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php/topic,155964.0.html

arcade only has 3+1 tracks, home version has 16, arcade only has a few cars, the home version has 30.

it might be possible to set up batch files to set up the different tracks, instead of trying to make a front-end.

later
« Last Edit: August 22, 2018, 02:48:49 pm by negative1 »

MrThunderwing

• Offline Offline
« Reply #188 on: August 22, 2018, 03:25:03 pm »

I've ended up making about 5 copies of the game, each one with a different track layout, which I just have to change the path to in TeknoParrot. I lost track of which courses from Revo I'd put in the different game folders ('cos they've all got the same name once they've been modified, innit?) and there were a few that made the game crash, so I think there might be one of two from Revo I've missed out. You can also swap around stuff from SR3 itself, so you can play the Desert 95 course in place of the Tropical one, with the 6 standard cars on track as opposed to the Celica and Lanacia. You can also swap out the Classic track and then race those old School Sega rally cars on stuff like Revo's Arctic tracks. The checkpoint timer can get a little screwy on the classic track though and I don't think you actually have enough time to properly finish on some stages. You can also substitute the Stadium in (where the Podium stuff goes on) for a quick 15 seconds a lap race where you just go round in a circle the whole time. Here's a quick vid of the changes in action first time I got them properly up and running last night. Those Revo courses are tough! The gameplay from me is absolutely terrible, but the video was really just to show it working. I give you and Boomslang props at the start  :cheers:
« Last Edit: August 22, 2018, 03:31:40 pm by MrThunderwing »

buttersoft

• Offline Offline
  • Is running at 15kHz
« Reply #189 on: August 23, 2018, 02:42:43 am »
Vids are always appreciated :)

Interesting to hear some tracks didn't work and some did. I remember just picking one, so maybe that was what i did wrong. Either way I'm so time poor i haven't gotten back to it, and that tutorial vid you mention would be amazing.

MrThunderwing

• Offline Offline
« Reply #190 on: August 23, 2018, 04:38:44 pm »

Interesting to hear some tracks didn't work and some did. I remember just picking one, so maybe that was what i did wrong. Either way I'm so time poor i haven't gotten back to it, and that tutorial vid you mention would be amazing.

I'm just in the process of finishing it up now  :cheers:

negative1

• Offline Offline
« Reply #191 on: August 23, 2018, 10:50:13 pm »

I'm just in the process of finishing it up now  :cheers:

cool.

good job on the previous one also.

later

MrThunderwing

• Offline Offline
« Reply #192 on: August 24, 2018, 10:56:04 am »
Thanks Man! Here's the tutorial:

negative1

• Offline Offline
« Reply #193 on: August 24, 2018, 03:48:19 pm »

excellent.

i think i'll just set up some batch files, that way you don't have to have
multiple copies of the program, and it will probably be easier to choose
different variations.

later

buttersoft

• Offline Offline
  • Is running at 15kHz
« Reply #194 on: August 25, 2018, 03:35:16 am »

Much obliged, sir

i think i'll just set up some batch files, that way you don't have to have
multiple copies of the program, and it will probably be easier to choose
different variations.

Keen to hear how that goes, if you wouldn't mind sharing.

MrThunderwing

• Offline Offline
« Reply #195 on: August 25, 2018, 07:29:11 am »
I'd be interested too. I know a little bit about batch files, enough to use them to launch stuff like Supermodel and to simultaneously launch directly into a specific game in Model 2 emulator or MAME for single system multiplayer, without having to wade through the GUI each time manually selecting the game. Launching games in TeknoParrot with them is a bit above my paygrade though. In the case of having multiple Sera Rally folders, I don't know how you'd specify which game folder you want the game to launch from, when the path to it is set within TeknoParrot itself?

TBH, the way I'm doing it isn't super labour intensive or time consuming though and you don't need multiple versions of TP - all you have to do is change the path in the version of TeknoParrot you're using to point at the specific Rally.exe you want to use in the different game folders.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2018, 07:33:48 am by MrThunderwing »

negative1

• Offline Offline
« Reply #196 on: August 25, 2018, 02:20:44 pm »
I'd be interested too. I know a little bit about batch files, enough to use them to launch stuff like Supermodel and to simultaneously launch directly into a specific game in Model 2 emulator or MAME for single system multiplayer, without having to wade through the GUI each time manually selecting the game. Launching games in TeknoParrot with them is a bit above my paygrade though. In the case of having multiple Sera Rally folders, I don't know how you'd specify which game folder you want the game to launch from, when the path to it is set within TeknoParrot itself?

TBH, the way I'm doing it isn't super labour intensive or time consuming though and you don't need multiple versions of TP - all you have to do is change the path in the version of TeknoParrot you're using to point at the specific Rally.exe you want to use in the different game folders.

i'll see what i can do.

but basically, if you have a cmd window open (windows xp/7/8), you are using the copy, and ren(ame) functions a lot.

i would think, the way to go, is to rename the originals -> bak extension, and either copy or move the new track files
into the same folder and just rename them there.

at that point, depending on what tracks you want, just keep adding them in, and doing the same thing with them.

you would run this first, and that way the tekno parrot directory just stays the same.

you can launch from command line also:
http://forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php/topic,156475.0.html
==================

before we get into the actual script (which is just basically a text file, with a .bat extension)

we need to map the tracks that can be used, which issues (if any) there are with them, do they cause crashes, or have glitches.

i think there might be a lot of permutations, so there might be a basic menu, where you pick which tracks you want first, and
then it combines them.

well, i'll work on it, and post some updates when i get a chance.

it won't be soon, because i'm the middle of organizing my computers, software, etc.

later
« Last Edit: August 25, 2018, 02:31:53 pm by negative1 »

buttersoft

• Offline Offline
  • Is running at 15kHz
« Reply #197 on: August 26, 2018, 06:45:29 am »
I thought i'd simply make multiple copies of Teknoparrot which pointed to different copies of the game with different tracks in them, for use in my frontend. However, unless i muffed something, trying to run a second copy of teknoparrot won't work, as it points to some common directories? The track swap itself works fine, with thanks, but using a second copy of TP does not seem to work at all.

I realise you can do it with batch files, but at the moment i launch the game using an Autohotkey script, so i'll look into modifying the script to goldfish swap the directory names in my main-release folder. Will share if it works, though it may not be of interest to everyone :)

MrThunderwing

• Offline Offline
« Reply #198 on: August 26, 2018, 01:17:27 pm »
Totally changing the subject; As a Windows 7 plebite I haven't been able to try out any of the Lindbergh stuff. Is there any advantage to playing Outrun 2 SP in TeknoParrot as opposed to just sticking with the PC version (Particularly as the PC version now has fixed bloom effects and also working FFB, courtesy of Howard's fix, not to mention more content)? I'm just curious.

isamu

• Offline Offline
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #199 on: August 26, 2018, 05:38:55 pm »
Totally changing the subject; As a Windows 7 plebite I haven't been able to try out any of the Lindbergh stuff. Is there any advantage to playing Outrun 2 SP in TeknoParrot as opposed to just sticking with the PC version?

Not really no. The main advantage is the arcade version in TP is it won't randomly screw up your control and input assignments the way the PC version occasionally does. Also the arcade version has better torque FFB, but is missing the road surface and collision effects Howard created for the PC version. In my book, the PC version is still king. If the arcade version of SP had the original tracks from OR2 then it would have been a lot closer contest between the two.