Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Sega Ringwide loader- Sega Racing Classic AKA Daytona playable  (Read 71056 times)

negative1

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 04, 2024, 04:06:51 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Re: Sega Ringwide loader- Sega Racing Classic AKA Daytona playable
« Reply #120 on: January 10, 2018, 11:59:05 pm »
teknoparrot v1.33 is out now,
with fixes and bug changes..

not sure about new games.

later

vice350z

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 30, 2019, 08:14:19 pm
  • BRINGO!!!
    • Sirius 66 - The Beat
« Reply #121 on: January 11, 2018, 12:12:22 am »
teknoparrot v1.33 is out now,
with fixes and bug changes..

not sure about new games.

later

i wish they were able to fix the artifacting on SRC...i can't find Game Loader ALL RH for the latest TPs so I play on 1.03 so its all good at least for SRC.

Boomslang

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 01, 2024, 08:20:43 pm
« Reply #122 on: January 14, 2018, 03:39:34 pm »
Latest Teknoparrot is out

Includes Online Play!

It's beyond simple to use guys and works pretty well. Don't need hamachi or any rubbish like that

RetroRacer

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 19, 2018, 10:54:30 am
« Reply #123 on: January 15, 2018, 11:46:17 am »
Anyone up for helping me out with teknoparrot?

I have it working for Mario Kart DX but can't for the life of me get Sega Rally 3 to run (which is what I really want).  I see from earlier posts that a few have had the same issue with TP looking like it is going to run the game, open a couple of windows but then return to the menu - that's what I get, can't see a solution posted though.

I have updated .net framework, reinstalled graphics drivers, changed resolution in the ini files etc. but no joy.  The game exe runs outside of TP with no issues.

I'm running an i5, Nvidia Quadro 600, Windows 10 Pro, TP 1.33 (also tried 1.02 with and no joy either).

Any suggestions welcome!!

Thanks

negative1

• Offline Offline
« Reply #124 on: January 15, 2018, 03:02:40 pm »

I have it working for Mario Kart DX but can't for the life of me get Sega Rally 3 to run (which is what I really want).  I see from earlier posts that a few have had the same issue with TP looking like it is going to run the game, open a couple of windows but then return to the menu - that's what I get, can't see a solution posted though.

I have updated .net framework, reinstalled graphics drivers, changed resolution in the ini files etc. but no joy.  The game exe runs outside of TP with no issues.

I'm running an i5, Nvidia Quadro 600, Windows 10 Pro, TP 1.33 (also tried 1.02 with and no joy either).

Thanks

Did you follow the flowchart : http://forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php/topic,154238.msg1638831.html#msg1638831

this solved most peoples problems.

later

vice350z

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 30, 2019, 08:14:19 pm
  • BRINGO!!!
    • Sirius 66 - The Beat
« Reply #125 on: January 15, 2018, 11:40:05 pm »

Thanks

I had problems because I had a bad dump...had only 2 folders, language was set to French and resolution set to 4K causing it not to start at all.

The correct dump has 3 folders with the appropriate DLL in the 3rd folder. FOund that and the game played just fine for me in TP 1.33

RetroRacer

• Offline Offline
« Reply #126 on: January 16, 2018, 05:26:28 am »
Thanks guys

I used the flowchart and I didn't have the shell folder with inpout.dll.  I knew about this file and had downloaded a copy but had placed in the Rally folder.

Still no success but now when I try to run the game through TP instead of the mini window closing and going back to the TP loader screen my entire machine crashes and I have to do a hard reboot (no other option at that point).

If I had a bad dump would the exe work outside of TP?  It is working just fine (in English), plays the mud splatter and the full intro sequences.

I also tried the hacked Win 7 version of the exe but I get the same problem

:'(

Can I just check something else please.  I noticed in the Rally folder I have a inpout_d.dll - should this be there?
Actually if anyone is up for posting a screenshot of the three folders so I can check the files against mine that might would be really useful.

Determined to crack this!

Thanks again

RetroRacer

• Offline Offline
« Reply #127 on: January 16, 2018, 03:51:20 pm »
Guys I got there!  Well on my desktop PC at least.  Laptoo not having it (maybe an integrated graphics problem?).  Anyway I have a working copy at last.  Think the problem was a bad download, found another source and I'm sorted.

Thanks for the help and keep up the good work all!

:applaud:

negative1

• Offline Offline
« Reply #128 on: January 17, 2018, 03:34:32 pm »
Guys I got there!  Well on my desktop PC at least.  Laptoo not having it (maybe an integrated graphics problem?).  Anyway I have a working copy at last.  Think the problem was a bad download, found another source and I'm sorted.

Thanks for the help and keep up the good work all!

:applaud:

good to hear.

if you or anyone can ever get the controls for ford racing to work, let me know i am still having problems,

and have gotten no responses.

later

RetroRacer

• Offline Offline
« Reply #129 on: January 18, 2018, 03:56:38 pm »
Hi -1

Just tried out Ford Racing.   With a MadKatz 2 Xbox 360 wheel I get Start, some pedal response (bit freaky but that might be the hardware) and view change.  No steering.  Guessing you get simillar?
Do we know it can be done ywt?

negative1

• Offline Offline
« Reply #130 on: January 18, 2018, 10:55:22 pm »
Hi -1

Just tried out Ford Racing.   With a MadKatz 2 Xbox 360 wheel I get Start, some pedal response (bit freaky but that might be the hardware) and view change.  No steering.  Guessing you get simillar?
Do we know it can be done ywt?

yes, thats exactly what i get also, i am using an xbox 360 controller.

other people have gotten it to work, looking on youtube.

later
« Last Edit: January 20, 2018, 05:36:02 pm by negative1 »

nugarp

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:Yesterday at 06:35:34 pm
« Reply #131 on: January 20, 2018, 07:51:59 am »
I don't have it in front of me but check the ini files for a SteeringLeft and SteeringRight or something. Set to 0 and 255. I think that was Ford Racing...

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Wheel2XInput | HDRecoil | LeaderLamps | NetLauncher | Discord | Youtube

negative1

• Offline Offline
« Reply #132 on: January 21, 2018, 07:00:41 pm »
version 1.34 is out:

change log 1.34:

* TeknoParrot 1.34 *
- www.teknogods. com -
---------------------------------------------
Changes in TeknoParrot 1.34 Release:
- Added new code by sto0z that make his super popular control adjustment even more adjustable!
- TeknoParrot Online now available for everyone, look at earlier changelogs to understand how it works!
- New card system now available for public too! Do not use modified game files or the cards will corrupt!

later

Malenko

• KNEEL BEFORE ZODlenko!
  • Trade Count: (+58)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 26, 2024, 07:29:48 pm
  • Have you played with my GingerBalls?
    • forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php/topic,142404.msg1475162.html
« Reply #133 on: January 22, 2018, 07:34:26 am »
After having so much trouble getting Initial D running before I decided to give it another go. Downloaded Teknoparrot , downloaded ID7AAX with decrypted exe ; set my controls and played.
No issues at all, was super psyched.  Downloaded the partial English patches and they help, Im going to try to dig into the images/textures and see if I can Photoshop English in place of the Japanese.

Game was actually pretty fun, but my pro tip is to take the game off of free play, so that the card saves after each race.
If you're replying to a troll you are part of the problem.
I also need to follow this advice. Ignore or report, don't reply.

Moksi

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 18, 2024, 09:10:04 am
« Reply #134 on: February 06, 2018, 05:11:28 pm »
Thanks guys

I used the flowchart and I didn't have the shell folder with inpout.dll.  I knew about this file and had downloaded a copy but had placed in the Rally folder.

Still no success but now when I try to run the game through TP instead of the mini window closing and going back to the TP loader screen my entire machine crashes and I have to do a hard reboot (no other option at that point).

If I had a bad dump would the exe work outside of TP?  It is working just fine (in English), plays the mud splatter and the full intro sequences.

Can I just check something else please.  I noticed in the Rally folder I have a inpout_d.dll - should this be there?
Actually if anyone is up for posting a screenshot of the three folders so I can check the files against mine that might would be really useful.

Thanks again

Retroracer i have the same problem with Sega Rally 3 it does exactly the same , installed all the drivers ...
with teknoparrot all of the windows close & with game loader all rh i get an message if old type x loader is enabled etc.
outside of Tparrot it laucnhes without sound
I guess we can be patient until some new version of TP makes it work

RetroRacer

• Offline Offline
« Reply #135 on: February 07, 2018, 06:53:12 am »
Thanks guys

Thanks again

Retroracer i have the same problem with Sega Rally 3 it does exactly the same , installed all the drivers ...
with teknoparrot all of the windows close & with game loader all rh i get an message if old type x loader is enabled etc.
outside of Tparrot it laucnhes without sound
I guess we can be patient until some new version of TP makes it work

Moksi

I got my working shortly after my post.  I had a bad download (as suggested by another poster).  The giveaway for me was that in my download I only had 2 folders, not 3.   Found another copy and it boots with TP no problems.  Runs really nicely and great in LAN play mode  :)

Check your dowload and maybe try and find another copy

buttersoft

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 22, 2024, 12:55:20 am
  • Is running at 15kHz
« Reply #136 on: March 01, 2018, 07:08:32 pm »
Is Initial D 6 AA networking functional? Does anyone have a guide, or any tips?

I’m in the middle of updating my cabs to Win 10, and Sega Rally 3 now just… runs. I didn’t do anything this time. Must have been my weird build of Win 7 that was the problem. Hopefully networking is just as easy :)

nugarp

• Offline Offline
« Reply #137 on: March 01, 2018, 08:30:54 pm »
Is Initial D 6 AA networking functional? Does anyone have a guide, or any tips?

I’m in the middle of updating my cabs to Win 10, and Sega Rally 3 now just… runs. I didn’t do anything this time. Must have been my weird build of Win 7 that was the problem. Hopefully networking is just as easy :)

Yes. It's functional.

Go into the test menu -> set up your pairs as A1 & A2. set operation mode to normal.

And I can't remember if you need to update IPs in the config file:
Code: [Select]
[Network]
Dhcp=0
Ip=192.168.0.X
Mask=255.255.255.0
Gateway=192.168.0.1
Dns1=192.168.0.1
Dns2=0.0.0.0
BroadcastIP=192.168.0.255
Cab1IP=192.168.0.W
Cab2IP=192.168.0.X
Cab3IP=192.168.0.Y
Cab4IP=192.168.0.Z

buttersoft

• Offline Offline
  • Is running at 15kHz
« Reply #138 on: March 01, 2018, 10:59:11 pm »
Thanks, nugarp. So if i understand you, for my two cabs, each with it's own PC on the LAN...

*removed*

EDIT:There's even better info in the readme.txt that TP comes with :)
« Last Edit: March 12, 2018, 08:42:51 pm by buttersoft »

nugarp

• Offline Offline
« Reply #139 on: March 02, 2018, 01:53:17 am »
I don't think you need to fill out Y or Z. If it's a twin setup just remove the lines. I also honestly don't remember if id6 had these types of entries in its config..I just had this as a note in one of my docs on "how to set up multiplayer" that I clearly didn't put full effort into  :P. Give it a go with what you've said and let us know!

If Id6 did use this format, what you said would be correct.

buttersoft

• Offline Offline
  • Is running at 15kHz
« Reply #140 on: March 12, 2018, 08:57:26 pm »
with thanks to Nugarp, I got both Sega Rally 3 and Initial D 6AA working over Lan at 800x600@50i at full speed on Win10 on a pair of core2duo 8500's with Radeon HD 6870 GPU's. This is using crt_emudriver on 15kHz-capable old 4:3 arcade CRT's. (Well, 600@50i is 16.2kHz, but most arcade monitors or PVM's can handle that.) The HUD for ID6 and the menu screens for both games get chopped, but they're still extremely playable :)

SR3 is really robust, doesn't care what you do as long the PC's are on the network and the first cab is set to number one in the shelldata.ini file (cabinet ID) and the other to number two.

Initial D 6AA was more of a pain. The info for how to get pair play running is in the readme.txt that comes with teknoparrot. You may also need to use the blank grey screen fix for the service menu where you open renderer.ini and set the glare values to massive numbers. Then back again to play. (i had to use windowed modes here, as the menu chops off too much to be used in 800x600). However, once this was done my save cards kept corrupting, and when they did so they took out the emulated eeprom data. So the game kept crashing. If you get stuck you can wipe the .crd file from the id6 diretory, and the epprom data too which is hidden at c:\users\<username>\appdata\roaming\teknoparrot\. You can keep a backup and just keep overwriting when required. I've disabled the card readers completely in the service menu, and backed up that eeprom data as well.

I'm going to look into the old card system using picodaemon next.

And i can't get anything but the actual escape key to exit the emulator, joytokey won't work :( Ima ask on the disc about that one.

« Last Edit: March 13, 2018, 06:56:22 pm by buttersoft »

Boomslang

• Offline Offline
« Reply #141 on: March 18, 2018, 04:25:54 am »
Things can move quick in this scene

Teknoparrot has added proper FFB to several games now

-Sega Racing Classic
-Ford Racing
-Sega Rally 3
-Initial D6
-Initial D7
-Wangan Midnight Maximum Tune 5
-Chase HQ 2
-Wacky Races

Aswell as game story and car saves now for WMMT5

djfender

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 13, 2020, 04:13:15 pm
  • I play with sega, not ladies' hearts.
« Reply #142 on: March 18, 2018, 12:06:02 pm »
Hmm, I didnt think anyone still wanted to play sega racing classic once daytona championship went up.

Im missing force feedback, but the logitech driving force EX controller leads me to think its just dinput calls.

Multiplayer also works here, it lags out as both the computers involved are both wireless.

I havent tried the raspberry pi billboard but i will soon.

The camera works too!
« Last Edit: March 18, 2018, 12:20:38 pm by djfender »
Is that a Sanwa in your pocket or are you just happy to see me?

"Hotrodded" Hanaho Hotrod w/Kade MiniArcade 2.0 on Leonardo

NinjaZero

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:June 19, 2023, 02:25:57 pm
    • RetroGameInStyle
« Reply #143 on: April 16, 2018, 08:35:23 pm »
Don't want to re-hash an old topic but I wanted to let people know that I was able to load up Revo Tracks in SR3.  It works great, you can now play all the Revo tracks with 60FPS and better handling and FFB.  Here's a video of all Tropical tracks in SR3 https://youtu.be/sB5X6dIvGM4?t=70

Trying to see if I can also import the cars...
Groovymame LCD HLSL Settings
Check out the link on my profile (to the left)

nugarp

• Offline Offline
« Reply #144 on: April 16, 2018, 11:08:34 pm »
Don't want to re-hash an old topic but I wanted to let people know that I was able to load up Revo Tracks in SR3.  It works great, you can now play all the Revo tracks with 60FPS and better handling and FFB.  Here's a video of all Tropical tracks in SR3 https://youtu.be/sB5X6dIvGM4?t=70

That's cool! I assume that the three regular tracks have been replaced with these so that canyon loads up the second one, right? I.e. you did a 1:1 swap instead of adding new tracks.

buttersoft

• Offline Offline
  • Is running at 15kHz
« Reply #145 on: April 17, 2018, 02:17:33 am »

OK, that's awesome. Any chance we can get a guide for how to do that?

And i'm assuming this will work as long as SR3 does? Revo itself doesn't work on Win10, there's some component like WMT missing or something.

negative1

• Offline Offline
« Reply #146 on: April 17, 2018, 01:58:08 pm »

Whoah, very cool, I will have to try that sometime.
Hopefully, there will be a way to script it or make them an option.

later

MrThunderwing

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 24, 2024, 07:22:01 pm
  • As I pass, do I give you the ass or the crotch?
« Reply #147 on: April 17, 2018, 04:48:04 pm »
Holy ---steaming pile of meadow muffin--- dude, that's f'n awesome! Makes it like a brand new game. You have got to make a guide on how to do this!!!

buttersoft

• Offline Offline
  • Is running at 15kHz
« Reply #148 on: April 17, 2018, 08:47:11 pm »
Whoah, very cool, I will have to try that sometime.
Hopefully, there will be a way to script it or make them an option.

I was thinking about this. You could use separate batch files to launch separate track configurations by renaming folders like a goldfish swap, that would be pretty fast. But possibly tricky to ensure clean operation. Maybe autohotkey could be used to change names and then change back afterward. Or you could keep multiple copies of the game and TP and launch via a frontend, though that would take up more space.

Holy ---steaming pile of meadow muffin--- dude, that's f'n awesome! Makes it like a brand new game. You have got to make a guide on how to do this!!!

It really does make it like a new game. Sooo cool.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2018, 08:49:05 pm by buttersoft »

buttersoft

• Offline Offline
  • Is running at 15kHz
« Reply #149 on: May 08, 2018, 11:02:13 pm »
Ninjazero, any updates on how to do the track swap for Revo? Or if it works with networking? And did the car swap work?

On a different note, does anyone know what happened to the public releases of TP? Have those vanished?
« Last Edit: May 09, 2018, 12:20:09 am by buttersoft »

nugarp

• Offline Offline
« Reply #150 on: May 08, 2018, 11:48:35 pm »
On a different note, does anyone know what happened to the public releases of TP? Have those vanished?

I gave Reaver a nudge about this a day or two ago. I think it'll come but he has admittedly been too busy working on his own game to give TP any love in a while. I'm a $50 patreon and I'm still waiting for public releases...because I don't want my cabs to have internet access anyway.

isamu

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 18, 2024, 02:38:32 am
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #151 on: May 17, 2018, 02:34:40 pm »
Things can move quick in this scene

Teknoparrot has added proper FFB to several games now

-Sega Racing Classic
-Ford Racing
-Sega Rally 3
-Initial D6
-Initial D7
-Wangan Midnight Maximum Tune 5
-Chase HQ 2
-Wacky Races

*raises eyebrows*

Hey Boomlsang, can you give your impressions of how the ffb feels with your wheel bro? I mean, is it *ACTUAL* force feedback now, instead of simple wheel rumble? Also how is the FFb in OutRun 2SP DX? On par with Howard's FXT on PC?

MrThunderwing

• Offline Offline
« Reply #152 on: May 17, 2018, 06:51:16 pm »
Does FFB work as a standard in Teknoparrot now or do you still need an additional plugin thingy? I haven't updated my version of Tekknoparrot since before the FFB versions came out.

Boomslang

• Offline Offline
« Reply #153 on: May 17, 2018, 08:54:09 pm »
Yea it's actual ffb now and not just vibration etc and no you don't need additional plugin anymore.

Each game is different really but I personally helped get ffb going with Reaver so I'm happy with most of it.

isamu

• Offline Offline
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #154 on: May 17, 2018, 08:59:20 pm »
Yea it's actual ffb now and not just vibration etc and no you don't need additional plugin anymore.

Each game is different really but I personally helped get ffb going with Reaver so I'm happy with most of it.

Wow that's great mate! I may finally get around to checking this out soon. I'm balls deep into Forza Horizon 3  ATM  :lol

buttersoft

• Offline Offline
  • Is running at 15kHz
« Reply #155 on: May 18, 2018, 07:09:14 am »
Does networking function in Lindbergh yet, specifically OR2?

nugarp

• Offline Offline
« Reply #156 on: May 18, 2018, 10:51:16 pm »
Does networking function in Lindbergh yet, specifically OR2?
No :-/ not right now.

MrThunderwing

• Offline Offline
« Reply #157 on: May 19, 2018, 10:44:10 am »

Nice one dude! That's pretty awesome. Great to see all of Pooterman's lovely looking game icons in there too.

isamu

• Offline Offline
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #158 on: May 19, 2018, 11:22:51 pm »
I am now a Patreon. How or where do I go to get the Patreon-only version of TeknoParrot?

Boomslang

• Offline Offline
« Reply #159 on: May 20, 2018, 12:10:37 am »
go to teknoparrot.com and then goto top right and patreon

thats where you download it etc