Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: World rally mame g25 wheel  (Read 2302 times)

defre19766

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 16, 2020, 03:46:47 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
World rally mame g25 wheel
« on: October 17, 2018, 07:13:02 am »
Hello ,

I just started to config mame64.
But i have problem with world rally.
It would be great if i could get it to work with g25 wheel.
When i tab for mapping . I just left right up and down. So i map left and right on my wheel and it works .
But the deadzone is way to big. Must turn my wheel half way to turn left or right. I put deadzone on 0 in general settings. But it don't work.
For virtua racing for example it works perfect.

Is it now because you don't have the paddle option to map when map the controls in game?

Somebody knows what to do for this game please.

Thx

BadMouth

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 25, 2024, 08:10:48 pm
Re: World rally mame g25 wheel
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2018, 02:40:17 pm »
The game originally used a standard joystick, so there is no way to have analog controls.

You can use your wheel, but it will react the same as on/off switches in a joystick.
The deadzone should be adjustable in Logitech Profiler.

Most of us just wouldn't include the game because it didn't use a racing wheel to begin with.

EDIT: I should add that some games like 1000 Miglia had the option for joystick, optical wheel, or analog wheel.  With these, you may have to change the setting via DIP switches in MAME's in game menu or options in the games service menu.
Here is a spreadsheet I did way back with the types of controls each driving game use: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1pJLy8JgRF7dL1X3CcDyDLKOLSIJs4gYZY4DLI0pmnmE/edit#gid=0
It is linked in the driving cab info thread stickied above.  If you're new to setting up MAME with driving games, please see the MAME section of that thread.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2018, 04:24:27 pm by BadMouth »