Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: .  (Read 5454 times)

ChanceKJ

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 07, 2021, 02:52:06 pm
« on: May 13, 2017, 05:46:27 pm »
« Last Edit: March 19, 2021, 12:24:14 am by ChanceKJ »

pbj

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Yesterday at 03:47:56 pm
  • Obey.
    • The Chris Burke Band
Re: TCA - Dialed In! Pinball Gameplay & Review
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2017, 11:38:44 pm »
1 - stupid theme.

2 - same crisscross layout he's been farting out for 30 years.

3 - I have to laugh that he shows up at Expo 12 years ago and craps all over the collectors yet here he is with his name all over something that will ship 1,000 units tops with 90% of them going into homes.

4 - I think it's a mistake to bring the same designers back that ran companies into the ground in the 90s.

Mike A

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:Yesterday at 05:37:55 pm
  • This plan is foolproof
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2017, 12:56:57 am »
I played that at the Midwest Gaming Classic. The theme might be cool if you are twelve. I didn't like it. I also didn't like the fact that a guy had to stand next to me an explain what to do. I like the simpler games. Some of those new ones are ridiculously complicated.

ChadTower

• Chief Kicker - Nobody's perfect, including me. Fantastic body.
  • Trade Count: (+12)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 19, 2022, 12:01:54 pm
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2017, 10:37:22 am »

It's an original theme, at least, and the JJP games are well built physically.  I have little hope of ever seeing one on location around me now that our primary pinball location is dead.  This will end up being one of those once a year at a show and you have to wait out the 3 guys who stay on it all night and won't rotate anyone in.

KenToad

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 27, 2024, 12:46:35 am
  • Flap Flap Flap
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2017, 04:23:03 pm »
I got a chance to try this one at the last Midwest Gaming Classic. It didn't wow me, despite all the gimmicks. Also, I'm not a fan of TV displays on the backglass. Maybe it just hasn't been done well, yet, but, in addition to Dialed In, I've tried Wizard of OZ, Batman '66, Aerosmith and in all cases it just didn't seem to be more than a distraction, not to mention that the screen is so large that you sometimes have multiple video images going at the same time on one screen and without a standardized layout it can be difficult to get information at a glance while the ball is in play.

Maybe it will grow on me, but for the moment it seems to only be better for the audience, rather than the player.