Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Connecting old jukebox to separate amp  (Read 1955 times)

Hjm80

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 05, 2017, 07:25:42 am
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Connecting old jukebox to separate amp
« on: May 05, 2017, 07:25:42 am »
Hi is there a way of connecting my old nsm jukebox to a separate amp so I can play it through my stereo as well as the jukebox speakers? It's an 80's joke box that plays 45's.
Cheers

lilshawn

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Yesterday at 09:27:36 pm
  • I break stuff...then fix it...sometimes
Re: Connecting old jukebox to separate amp
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2017, 02:39:36 pm »
it's possible. it really depends on which system it is.

- you'd either have to tap off the needle signal directly and feed it into a phono pre-amp.

A turntable produces a PHONO output signal. This phono signal needs to be converted to a LINE LEVEL signal (sometimes referred to as AUX signal) to work with audio equipment including stereo systems, computers, and speakers. A "phono pre-amp" converts PHONO to LINE LEVEL.

OR

- if it has some kind of output on the amplifier, then you can tap off this signal and feed it into your audio equipment.

it may or may not require a pre-amp, whether it does or not depends on where/what/how it's set up.

How you go about this is going to highly depend on what jukebox it is and how the system is facilitated. if you can find out a make and model number, we might be able to get a little closer.