Main > Raspberry Pi & Dev Board

Power button for retropie

<< < (4/4)

DeLuSioNal29:
So I've finally jumped in head first to the Raspberry Pi3 scene.  I've done some research and figured I'd post the power button stuff here.

I stumbled across this great video on Youtube with a script (I've pasted the txt file below with the instructions and script).
! No longer available

DeL

chito:

--- Quote from: DeLuSioNal29 on July 03, 2017, 10:40:50 am ---I stumbled across this great video on Youtube with a script (I've pasted the txt file below with the instructions and script).

--- End quote ---

ETA prime's video are already mention above. he also has a few power videos for the Pi all essentially work the same way

so i have a few mausberry circuits and was going to use 1 for another build. I started a thread about the power issue amd someone pointed out that the Pi doesnt need to be powered off, in fact it functions better left on. it draws such little power (turn other hardware off but). i looked into it an totally agree. so ive adjusted my plans to work this way

DeLuSioNal29:
I need to shut mine off. It's a portable bartop. :-)

stigzler:
I'm new to Pis and recently came across this scenario. I wanted a way to:

- Turn Pi on and off with momentary switch
- Have a 'Pi On' light
- Control a small 5V fan for CPU cooling - on/off via gpio and software to regulate to cpu temp
- Have an additional pad for the 5V supply - essentially meaning could run an LED to it if I wanted to show power being supplied to the Pi.

Dead simple with 2 resistors and one transistor. You can know one together quite easy. Schematic:

Knocking together some boards to:

Can give pin outs if anyone needs them.

petrockblog:
Since many RetroPie users asked us in the forums, we designed the PowerBlock (https://blog.petrockblock.com/powerblock/) exactly for that use case. In the meantime, the installation of the driver has become a one-line command.

@1500points: If you ran into any problems, I would be happy to support you with troubleshooting!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version