Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Groovymame in New Net City  (Read 2169 times)

Kidpanda

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 18, 2021, 04:02:56 pm
Groovymame in New Net City
« on: April 29, 2017, 09:10:50 pm »
Hello! So I've been running into issues when playing games that use the cave.cpp driver i.e. Donpachi, Dangun Feveron, Air Gallet, etc. Every once in awhile, not really in timed intervals, I will have the screen get dim and also shrink then fix itself back again. It only does it on the games that run at 57hz, Games like Raiden and such run fine but for some reason these games in particular are having issues.

My setup is
New Net City using a Toshiba PF Monitor with a d29c051 chassis
Groovymame 0.182
CrtEmu 2.0 with 12.6 drivers
Windows 7 x64
Pentium G4560 @ 3.5Ghz
AMD HD4350
Super Resolutions

I've added a link to a video of what it does with that particular driver, it happens pretty much when the video starts. Hopefully I have given enough info to maybe help me with this situation. Thanks for any help!

Calamity

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 14, 2024, 05:26:05 am
  • Quote me with care
Re: Groovymame in New Net City
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2017, 04:04:57 pm »
That's odd, I'd say the monitor is failing if you hadn't mentioned it only happens with 57 Hz games. If that is true.... you could bypass the offending frequency by tweaking your crt_range configuration.
Important note: posts reporting GM issues without a log will be IGNORED.
Steps to create a log:
 - From command line, run: groovymame.exe -v romname >romname.txt
 - Attach resulting romname.txt file to your post, instead of pasting it.

CRT Emudriver, VMMaker & Arcade OSD downloads, documentation and discussion:  Eiusdemmodi

Kidpanda

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 18, 2021, 04:02:56 pm
Re: Groovymame in New Net City
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2017, 09:05:46 am »
That's odd, I'd say the monitor is failing if you hadn't mentioned it only happens with 57 Hz games. If that is true.... you could bypass the offending frequency by tweaking your crt_range configuration.

Revisiting this, so I moved my rombox to my Egret 3 which has a Rodotron chassis in it and the games work perfectly fine. Talked to a bud of mine and he told me to try and wire the video input from the Jamma harness directly to the chassis via the AMP plug bypassing the VGA on the NNC. Will do that soon and report back with my findings.