Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: WEIYA CV-04 WITH LIGHT GUN GAME  (Read 2194 times)

BillMan2002

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 26, 2017, 10:00:07 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
WEIYA CV-04 WITH LIGHT GUN GAME
« on: April 26, 2017, 09:55:58 pm »
Will the WEIYA CV-04 work with Time Crisis 2?

I used a CGA to VGA Converter, than a VGA to CGA converter to go to a tube TV.   However, I think it is a delay issue that it is not working? I am unsure.  Now, I am wondering, if I used a converter like the WEIYA CV-04, if this would work with the old style TV and let the light gun work.  If not, what is another route I can go.

The cabinet is destroyed from a water park with mold all over the place, So I built just a little box to keep the game alive, and a TV is way cheaper than an actual arcade monitor.

mourix

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Today at 10:53:16 am
Re: WEIYA CV-04 WITH LIGHT GUN GAME
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2017, 08:00:12 am »
What you did was RGB -> VGA -> composite. That's definitely a no go when it comes to timing and latency. With light guns this becomes very critical.

The best option would still be to get an SCART monitor if you are European, or try to get an arcade monitor if you're in the US.

If that's impossible you could try a RGB -> S-video converter, but you need to be lucky in order to get that to work.