Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: JVL Echo Monitor  (Read 4421 times)

arcadesrfun

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 08, 2021, 09:34:14 am
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
JVL Echo Monitor
« on: June 15, 2017, 01:06:59 am »
My JVL Echo monitor stopped working and I replaced the caps on the inverter board - now the monitor will work for about 5-10 minutes and go blank if I unplug / plug the monitor it will work again for 5-10 minutes.  Does anybody know where to buy replacement inverter boards?  Thanks

orizzle

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 21, 2020, 07:20:41 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Re: JVL Echo Monitor
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2017, 10:06:09 am »
what's the model number of the panel? I have had luck replacing Rx controllers/inverters with ones sold on ebay

mahkeymike

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:Yesterday at 10:06:46 pm
Re: JVL Echo Monitor
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2017, 10:57:23 am »
You won't be able to replace the inverter because it connects to a proprietary MDR cable which gets its power directly through the Echo Motherboard. Your best bet is to send the monitor out for repair to someone like myself who has worked on , and repaired them. Luckily its very easy to remove the monitor assembly which is just held on by a steel cable and hinged. If you want to have it repaired PM me. I have A Echo so i would not need any of the cables, just the monitor Unit itself.