Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Convert double sit down sega Lindberg (yellow) to PC?  (Read 2480 times)

Liljeqvist

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 09, 2018, 12:29:18 am
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Convert double sit down sega Lindberg (yellow) to PC?
« on: April 23, 2017, 05:09:00 pm »
I have updated my games so I can play all segas game including initial d5. But its not enough. I want better car simulators in my cabs. Is it possible to convert the wheel and pedals and gearshifter to a ordernary PC?

Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk

Howard_Casto

• Idiot Police
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Yesterday at 10:59:21 pm
  • Your Post's Soul is MINE!!! .......Again??
    • The Dragon King
Re: Convert double sit down sega Lindberg (yellow) to PC?
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2017, 08:05:48 pm »
Absolutely anything is possible.  It all just depends upon how much you are willing to mod and tinker.  Since it is a Lindbergh you are already halfway there.  Audio and video interfaces won't be a problem. 

Your problems will all revolve around the I/O board for your controls.  I know there has been some success writing Linux drivers for generic gamepads to use on  Lindbergh games, but I don't know if the opposite holds true.... a driver for the sega I/O board.  So you'll either have to find/write a driver for the board or do away with it and hook your controls to a more generic board that plays nice with regular PCs.  If that is the case then getting force-feedback working is doubtful. 

MTPPC

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:November 26, 2021, 02:25:46 pm
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2017, 09:30:20 pm »
I've investigated this topic quite a bit and I realized that if I really feel the need for force feedback, I'm going with a dedicated game. Multi's don't play nice with wheel force feedback and if you hack something together, it can actually be unsafe. But I'm not a chicken, I just think it's too hard to get going properly.
Pinball and Video Arcade Repair in Billings, MT USA
http://pinballmd.com/

Liljeqvist

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 09, 2018, 12:29:18 am
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2017, 02:30:59 am »
The speakers and the CRT:s are switched for better ones/full HD. What i hoped for is some ready software or hardware. The force feedback is some 50kg thing. I really want to use those in a PC simulator or maybe too ps4.. the name of the sit down cab is R-tuned.

Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk

obcd

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 03, 2019, 11:44:36 am
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2017, 12:26:00 pm »
It might be possible, but I am unsure if it has been done yet. Wintermute on another forum captured the communication between a chihiro (or triforce) and the force feedback board. His idea is to use the same board for the other games that use a suzo happ steering force feedback. I remember him telling that Lindbergh used the same protocol but a different baudrate and interface. Chihiro uses midi and Linbergh uses RS485. A pc game with force feedback will likely use directinput for it's force feedback. You will need a virtual driver that can trick the game into believe that it has a force feedback pc steering wheel connected. That driver should translate the force feedback info into a format that the sega lindbergh force feedback interface card understands and send it to the board over RS485.

The controls are basically connected to a JVS interface. Solutions that transfer JVS into pc directinput exist to my knowledge. It's unlikely that the pc game will have something to control race leader lights. I am not familiar enough with pc steering wheels to know if they also produce some kind of output?