Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Led Blinky lighting issues with second ledwiz controller  (Read 1862 times)

lowlytech

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 07, 2019, 08:12:12 am
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Led Blinky lighting issues with second ledwiz controller
« on: April 22, 2017, 09:14:44 am »
I am having an issue with ledblinky not lighting up a few player buttons during a game.  My configuration is 2 players, 6 buttons each (RGB).  All LED connections go to a LEDWIZ ID1 board except player two button 5(B), and player2 button 6 (R,G,B) and Player 1 + 2 Start (singles) that go to LEDWIZ ID2.  When I start a game like street fighter II all buttons light as expected except player 2 button 5 and 6.  If I go to the led blinky input map the buttons light up when that port on the 2nd controller is selected.   I vaguely remember it working before, but the only change was I upgraded from 6.1 to the newest version of blinky.  I tried to remove the ID2 board out of inputmap and re added it but it has the same behavior.   

Anyone run into something like this before? I am using Mala as a frontend.  Mame .169, 64 bit on win7.

Thanks for any help anyone can suggest. 

lowlytech

• Offline Offline
Re: Led Blinky lighting issues with second ledwiz controller
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2017, 12:23:10 pm »
I renamed the LEDBlinky plugin folder under mala, and reinstalled the newest version of ledblinky.  Setup from scratch and it is still not lighting the player2 buttons 5 + 6.  It does however light player 1+2 start buttons that are wired to the 2nd LED board.   Also on a hunch I dug up my old 6.2 version setup from scratch and it too behaves the exact same way.  Starting to wonder if it is something buried in my mame settings or in mala.

lowlytech

• Offline Offline
Re: Led Blinky lighting issues with second ledwiz controller
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2017, 03:06:55 pm »
Got it figured out.  I don't know how it happened, but my mame inputs for player 2's button 5 and 6 got set to none.  I don't know if this was a fluke or if I have something scarfed with my mame button configurations that is going to pop up again in another game.