Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Anyone have experience with Viewsonic or HP LCD monitors?  (Read 1504 times)

morton

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 23, 2021, 09:36:59 am
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Anyone have experience with Viewsonic or HP LCD monitors?
« on: April 20, 2017, 12:22:09 pm »
I am looking for a 4:3 monitor and holding out for a CRT in 19-22"... But a few second hand 19" LCD monitors have popped up locally... I am curious as to which is the better of the two, and if I should grab one.

HP F1905
Viewsonic VE910

The only real spec I found on either that was telling me much was 14 and 16ms response times. Dont tell me how well they will work... Should I hold out for a Dell? They seem to get good specs and some of the LCD replacement screens I have seen from arcade companies use Dell brand panels.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks

mourix

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:Yesterday at 07:39:15 pm
Re: Anyone have experience with Viewsonic or HP LCD monitors?
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2017, 04:49:15 pm »
Both monitors you mentioned are low end LCDs from 2005. For 10-20 bucks you'll be able to get one from at least 2009 or newer with lots of improvements over the old ones.

In the end it's not really one specific brand, but more about getting one that was high end for the time. Think S-PVA or IPS panels with 1600x1200 resolution like the Dell 2007FP.

morton

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 23, 2021, 09:36:59 am
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Re: Anyone have experience with Viewsonic or HP LCD monitors?
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2017, 09:29:16 am »
Think S-PVA or IPS panels with 1600x1200 resolution like the Dell 2007FP.

Thanks, I see lots of the E17xFP models and such, but will avoid them and look out for ones with specs like the 2007FP... I have found a few online that look along those lines with IPS and 1600x1200... they should be pretty safe bets huh?