Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Lowboy Plans Help  (Read 1632 times)

morton

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 23, 2021, 09:36:59 am
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Lowboy Plans Help
« on: April 20, 2017, 09:50:28 am »
So I found some Lowboy plans on the forum that appeared pretty good, but low and behold, I have some conflicting maths and am now unsure if I made an error or not. The plan I followed shows an 805mm radius... but not sure that is correct. Hopefully someone can chime in and help. Below is the attached side profile. Any help or advice is appreciated.

PL1

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Today at 10:06:39 am
  • Designated spam hunter
Re: Lowboy Plans Help
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2017, 11:55:35 am »
So I found some Lowboy plans on the forum that appeared pretty good, but low and behold, I have some conflicting maths and am now unsure if I made an error or not. The plan I followed shows an 805mm radius... but not sure that is correct. Hopefully someone can chime in and help. Below is the attached side profile. Any help or advice is appreciated.
Use a 1"x2" to create a giant compass.
- Draw a line down the center of the 1"x2".
- On that line, mark the center of the pencil hole and two small nail holes 805mm and 816mm from the center of the pencil hole.
- Drill the pencil and small nail holes.

Draw an 816mm arc from the center point of each 11 mm radius circle (blue) -- 816mm = desired final 805mm arc + the 11mm circle.

From the point where those two arcs overlap (green) draw an 805mm arc.

If you did it right, the 805mm arc will reach right to the edge of the 11mm circles.   ;D

Scott
« Last Edit: April 20, 2017, 12:10:04 pm by PL1 »

morton

• Offline Offline
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2017, 12:16:16 pm »
Thanks Scott...

I did it right... My concern is that this plan is not correct. I am curious as I have found others with smaller radius curves and wonder which is the correct radius for an LAI lowboy style cabinet.

morton

• Offline Offline
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2017, 08:18:22 am »
Anyone know the radius of the big curve on a lowboy cab?