Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Sega Rally Revo frame rate/time issue  (Read 422 times)

raiden

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Sega Rally Revo frame rate/time issue
« on: April 19, 2017, 11:48:17 pm »
I was wondering if anyone has ever noticed a problem with Sega Rally Revos frame rate/timing/pacing.

Restarting a Quick Race in the game resolves the issue and the frame timing is correct but it doesn't work in the Campaign mode.

One person decided to use CheatEngine:

"In CheatEngine I added "Sega Rally" and "Sega Rally_SSE1" in the executables list for automatic hook."

Then defined CheatEngine hotkeys too:
F7 - Enable/disable speedhack
F8 - Set speedhack to 1.0
F11 - Set speedhack to 0.96 (I use this hotkey for Sega Rally Revo)

They then set a speedhack to 0.96

This was based on the idea that:
"The problem is the game doesn't really sends those frames every 16 ms, but every 16,6667 ms. It means the first frame showed at 16,6667 ms was rendered 0,6667 ms ago. This cadence results in an lack of smoothness and every 26/27 frames, you will miss a frame because 16 * 27 = 432 ms while 16,6667 * 26 = 433,3 ms, so when you see the 26th frame in screen is in fact the 27th rendered frame. You missed the real 26th and you will have stutters too."

I'm not sure if other users realize the difference but its noticeable.

Has anyone else ever looked into this game and tweaked it via CheatEngine.

Basically the game is very smooth when you restart a Quick Race otherwise there are frame time issue throughout the game.

buttersoft

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Is running at 15kHz
Re: Sega Rally Revo frame rate/time issue
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2017, 02:42:19 am »
Now you've mentioned it, I'll have to go and check. I'm playing at 640x480i though on CRT. Might hide the glitch better.

I'm really keen to find a way to fake the online service and link two PCs in cabs running this - if you find a way to do that , please let me know!

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31