Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Desert Patrol - by:Project Support Engineering.  (Read 2310 times)

chopperthedog

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Yesterday at 02:19:21 pm
Desert Patrol - by:Project Support Engineering.
« on: April 16, 2017, 12:43:38 am »
chopper is in yo face with a new thread!!!!! :afro:

sorry, had to do it.  :cheers:

Back in January I facilitated the transport of 9 file cabinets filled with sensitive documents from Chicago to St. Augustine, Florida for a collector friend that was relocating. He presented me with the opportunity of grabbing some really unique items from him for my return trip. I kept a thread on klov that archived details of the trip: https://forums.arcade-museum.com/showthread.php?t=394462 . So below are the 4 games I came back with. Super Flipper was grabbed for a friend in Philly, but in the end it turned into a pretty cool trade.

I'm such a sucker for black lights and mirrors.

Just look at the badassness of that whole cab.

Previous to the trip I was sent photos of a couple storage units filled with games and shared the pics with z3k3 and he wanted the Super Flipper. I was like cool lemmie see if I can grab it for ya. He had been looking for one of these for years, even went through finding one 4 years ago only to find that termites had consumed 70% of the cab and it crumbled. Apparently he even tried to acquire this very cab as well, but could never finalize it. So obviously I was able to secure the game for him, we didn't talk anything about money, cause that's what bros do, I was just happy to pass along a game he had been searching for and good deeds done for good people usually have a payoff. So z3k3 sent me a message "I got this really cool game with great art that I know you'll dig as trade, but I'm not gonna tell you what it is". Oooh, I'm feeling frisky and I like secrets, awesome lets do this (that was 4 months ago). I've gotten to know z3k3 well over the last 3 years and have picked up and stored games for him as well as purchased a couple from him, so he knows what tickles my loins.

Well the "pat9000 expedited shipping and transport" rig arrived from the east coast in my alley yesterday with the surprise game, DESERT PATROL. I fell in love with the art instantly and then I was handed the gun unit "Oh fu*k yeah!, this thing is the s*it!". Cabinet and insides are really clean, not sure what the working status is, but I wanna paw through the schematics and get a handle on what's going on inside. I had never heard of this game before, it's a wonderful example that I will enjoy working on. Best part of this hobby is not having a "want list" and taking gambles. Was a really fun unique deal.

Hell yeah!

Pic with step slid in.

The 2 games pose during their brief meeting.

Just wanted to share the story and pics of a really neat transaction. I will for sure keep snapping pics and updating this thread as I work on Desert Patrol.

good day.

yotsuya

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 12, 2024, 11:03:32 pm
  • 2014 UCA Winner, 2014, 2015, 2016 ZapCon Winner
    • forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php/topic,137636.msg1420628.html
Re: Desert Patrol - by:Project Support Engineering.
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2017, 12:50:30 pm »
Nice!  I  love the vintage stuff!
***Build what you dig, bro. Build what you dig.***

Ian

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 26, 2021, 01:50:35 am
  • "A day without Laughter is a day wasted"
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2017, 06:33:09 pm »
yeah, that Desert Patrol is so clean it looks brand new!
Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats.

Locke141

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 03, 2024, 06:00:00 am
  • Never grow up.
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2017, 10:26:08 pm »
The insides look cool. I like that fan.