Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Konami GTI Club monitor issue  (Read 1544 times)

rob1234

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 23, 2022, 07:40:58 am
  • I'm a llama!
Konami GTI Club monitor issue
« on: April 14, 2017, 08:50:59 pm »
I have a GTI Club driving game with the force feedback electric steering. Whenever the electric motor kicks in the screen scrambles on the monitor. I have converted the game to a LCD screen and tested 2 different monitors. The game plays and displays fine if I disconnect the motor after the game boots. Any ideas on how to fix the issue?

grantspain

• I personally prefer "bog trotter"
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Today at 05:00:52 am
Re: Konami GTI Club monitor issue
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2017, 04:42:33 am »
where are you getting the power for lcd from?
do you have ferrite shields on the vga leads,motor power,how are converting the 25k signal to 31k-where are you getting the power to supply a converter if using one

rob1234

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 23, 2022, 07:40:58 am
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2017, 08:12:57 am »
I am using a converter board which is being powered by a hacked computer power supply.

mourix

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Yesterday at 10:53:16 am
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2017, 08:38:46 am »
Force feedback uses a big motor to knock the steering wheel from your hand. Resulting are a big spike on the power supply, and a strong magnetic field as the motor ramps up. Both can really interfere with your lcd.

Step 1: Play with the position and shielding type of your vga cable to see if there is any magnetic coupling ruining the high bandwith VGA signal.
Step 2: Check the power supply. As you are using a seperate computer supply, the spike could come through the ground line.

The vga cable interference possibility is most likely, though.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2017, 08:41:36 am by mourix »