Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Can I fit a 19" chassis into a 29" tube??  (Read 543 times)

El Chimpa

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Can I fit a 19" chassis into a 29" tube??
« on: April 11, 2017, 02:13:55 am »
Hello everybody, for testing purpose... Can I fit a 19" universal chassis in a 29" tube??... Need to know if the Blue Gun of the tube is working or my chassis is broke. Posted a days ago something about my unknow model of chassis, but no luck, no responses... Can I do the reverse, say connect the 29" chassis in a 19" tube??... Just to see if it's working the tube and chassis. I do a search in the forum but don't find anything about it... Thanx in advance!!! :)

grantspain

• I personally prefer "bog trotter"
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
Re: Can I fit a 19" chassis into a 29" tube??
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2017, 06:09:34 pm »
no as the eht is completely different
what are your yoke readings of the vertical and horizontal windings of the deflection yoke?

buttersoft

• Offline Offline
  • Is running at 15kHz
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2017, 10:28:35 pm »
Grant, not to hijack too badly, but do you know - if the Yoke readings and the tube pinout are identical, would a 21" (51cm) to 19" (48cm) tube swap work?

grantspain

• Offline Offline
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2017, 02:38:45 am »
Grant, not to hijack too badly, but do you know - if the Yoke readings and the tube pinout are identical, would a 21" (51cm) to 19" (48cm) tube swap work?
I can't say exactly whether that would be ok.I do know 14" to 19" chassis tend to run on any tubes of those sizes,for example a hantarex polo 14" runs perfectly on a polo 19" crt.The same with 25" to 29" chassis to tubes.
21" is not a standard arcade crt size so I don't have any experience with that, what would concern me is the function of the x-ray protection circuit and whether the eht is ok-mind you it tends to be quite obvious when eht is too high as it likes to escape from the anode quite quickly after power on

buttersoft

• Offline Offline
  • Is running at 15kHz
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2017, 05:03:07 am »
Hmm, i tend to seal anodes up with Spark Plug Grease - stops anything ingrained in the cap or lead or any other carbon being a problem. Might have to try without any and see what goes on.

Cheers!

El Chimpa

• Offline Offline
« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2017, 02:17:36 pm »
no as the eht is completely different
what are your yoke readings of the vertical and horizontal windings of the deflection yoke?

Sorry for not answer soon, very, very sick. A little better. The readings of the tube were the 19-21" chassis stays (The chassis don't have brand, and the tube is 21". It replaces a Sharp Image SI-319S that is dead and I spent too much time trying to wake alive with no success... :( ) it reads Vertical: 11.9 ohms, Horizontal: 3.8 ohms... The readings of the 29" tube are Vertical: 8.5 ohms, Horizontal: 1.7 ohms.
Thanx for answer!!!... And sorry for bad english!!! :(

grantspain

• Offline Offline
« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2017, 04:32:53 pm »
si-319s I am sure is a 19" chassis, unless it has been modified it should not be on a 29" tube

El Chimpa

• Offline Offline
« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2017, 01:26:30 am »
OK, the purpose of fit the 19" chassis into a 29 " tube was for test the blue gun of the 29" tube. I did it, and, of course, the image was poor and don't fill the screen... But with this, now i'm 100% sure that my 29" chassis is bad, the signal of blue color is not functioning and have line retraces. I posted a message days before about if somebody had a diagram for my chassis, with no luck. Don't have brand, only a name: JIN DUN... Thanx to the people that help me.   ;)

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31