Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: i have many types of art work for bartops and for most arcade games free if anyo  (Read 5144 times)

mebronx2000

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 15, 2023, 02:39:34 pm
many times i have ask for a copy of peoples artwork and no one wants to share ! but i have paid for many sets of artwork for bartops and for many arcade games and i dont mind sharing ! so if you are doing a theme bartop and you dont have the art work i can help you out just ask i have many styles !

thomas_surles

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:June 19, 2023, 07:20:00 pm
I just see kitties

mebronx2000

• Offline Offline
hope this time it works ! :applaud: :cheers:

mebronx2000

• Offline Offline
can you see it ?  :cheers: :dunno

ugleymatt

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 11, 2022, 12:13:37 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Is this artwork you have made yourself? It reads like you are giving away other peoples work?

mebronx2000

• Offline Offline
Is this artwork you have made yourself? It reads like you are giving away other peoples work?
this is artwork i have bought trying to help out ! but the trolls, of course, will come out and complain !

mebronx2000

• Offline Offline
i am already getting ---steaming pile of meadow muffin--- about trying to help out with some artwork so i will not be sharing !  :dunno :badmood: :angry: :banghead: :laugh2:

Slippyblade

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:November 16, 2023, 11:39:51 am
  • And to the death god we say, "Not today!"
i am already getting ---steaming pile of meadow muffin--- about trying to help out with some artwork so i will not be sharing !  :dunno :badmood: :angry: :banghead: :laugh2:

The problem is that you are offering up OTHER PEOPLE'S artwork.  If it was original art, you'd have been greeted with a hearty thank you.

mebronx2000

• Offline Offline

The problem is that you are offering up OTHER PEOPLE'S artwork.  If it was original art, you'd have been greeted with a hearty thank you.
it is artwork i have paid for so it is mine !

ugleymatt

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 11, 2022, 12:13:37 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!

it is artwork i have paid for so it is mine !

No, you have a copy of it for your own personal use. You don't own the right to the artwork to give it to other people.

Mike A

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:Today at 09:59:25 am
  • This plan is foolproof
I still can't figure out this guy's schtick. He is obviously trolling. I fell for it once. He might be a regular using a different account. :dunno

Shekel

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 07, 2018, 05:17:51 am
Strange turn in this thread, ok.

Did you get private messages from saying people didn't want you sharing? No one really said anything before this point, just that the images were unavailable.

By the looks of the filenames, it seems one or 2 or more could've been these:
https://gameroomsolutions.com/shop/bartop-arcade-kit-deluxe/

Absurd prices. I'm in the wrong business.

ed12

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 31, 2018, 03:44:39 pm
  • it is what it is..."Nobody Said It Was Easy"....
another useless thread
send it to thread hell and lets move on

ed
Shipping something from the U.S. to Canada for repair/exchange?  Please use USPS to avoid (additional?/excessive?) shipping charges.  PM me if you have any questions.

yotsuya

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 12, 2024, 11:03:32 pm
  • 2014 UCA Winner, 2014, 2015, 2016 ZapCon Winner
    • forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php/topic,137636.msg1420628.html
HAY GUYS I JUST BOUGHT THE NEW KATY PERRY ALBUM I PAID FOR IT IF YOU WANT A COPY I OWN IT IM FREE TO DO WAT I WANT WITH IT LEMME KNOW TOODLES.

;-)
***Build what you dig, bro. Build what you dig.***

mebronx2000

• Offline Offline
i was just trying to help the newbies out ! i know how hard it is to find artwork ! you have a point that i should not share others work and i will not ! just trying to help out... i was not asking for anything in return ! :dunno

thomas_surles

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:June 19, 2023, 07:20:00 pm
HAY GUYS I JUST BOUGHT THE NEW KATY PERRY ALBUM I PAID FOR IT IF YOU WANT A COPY I OWN IT IM FREE TO DO WAT I WANT WITH IT LEMME KNOW TOODLES.

;-)
Shoot me a copy

pbj

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:Today at 11:14:17 am
  • Obey.
    • The Chris Burke Band
No, you have a copy of it for your own personal use. You don't own the right to the artwork to give it to other people.

Neither did the people that sold it to him.  That's the only open theft tolerated around here.

:cheers:

Shekel

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 07, 2018, 05:17:51 am

Neither did the people that sold it to him.  That's the only open theft tolerated around here.

:cheers:
+1 Exactly, if it was the retro collage thing everyone does and it sounds like it.

jmike

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:June 26, 2023, 05:14:03 am
I usually don't respond to threads like this but I'm not sure why mebronx2000 got so much grief for his troubles.  :dizzy:  Is the artwork his own creation? Probably not but I doubt the people he bought them from had the rights to them in the first place. I mean we take characters from different games and make artwork ourselves but do we own the rights to them and be able to charge people? I thought we were paying for the time it took to put them together and stuff.
There was someone here trying to sell the street fighter control panel art that was created from Martijn and rightfully so everyone was upset that he was trying to sell it  but Malenko was gracious enough to re-create it, allow us to download it and show us how to do it ourselves  :notworthy:
I've bought my share of artwork from people and have had people ask not to resell it and I was happy not to.
Just my two cents.

yotsuya

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 12, 2024, 11:03:32 pm
  • 2014 UCA Winner, 2014, 2015, 2016 ZapCon Winner
    • forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php/topic,137636.msg1420628.html

I've bought my share of artwork from people and have had people ask not to resell it and I was happy not to.

I think you just answered your own question.
***Build what you dig, bro. Build what you dig.***