Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Messed up my Mame -_-  (Read 2481 times)

Johnnyconquer

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 27, 2017, 08:41:59 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Messed up my Mame -_-
« on: April 05, 2017, 03:03:19 am »
Hey guys I was trying to install groovy mame and it wasnt working out so I put my orIginal mame follder back and deleted the groovy mame folder. Everything shows up fine in hyperspin but when I select a game and launch mame I get nothing but the icon tab on the start bar. It says no drivers installed _blank. The computer acts like mame is up like it's just invisible but I don't get sound either. Mame won't close without restarting the computer. The strange part to me is my neogeo wheel doesn't launch mame either it does the same thing but I didn't mess with those files. I got scared after that so launched my nes and other wheels and they work fine. I found a couple YouTube vids and forums and tried to switch the video setting to gdi, ddraw, and de3 from auto. Same results. The part that has me concerned is I re downloaded mame and it still does it. Any idea what I broke? Kinda desperate I can live without groovy mame for now just got a brand new spinner and wanna play some games any help would be super appreciated. Also I see a lot of people need the log not sure how to get the mame logs. Thank you.

Titchgamer

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 17, 2023, 08:05:48 am
  • I have a gaming addiction.....
Re: Messed up my Mame -_-
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2017, 06:17:58 am »
When you re installed mame did you clear all the old mame stuff off before re installing?

If not try that.
Obv make sure its the same version of mame to be compatible with your roms.
If you change any paths from the original install be sure to update your HS setup.

Just as a side note, Spinners work fine in normal MAME you dont need to install GM just for that.

Jonny G

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 04, 2024, 05:59:46 pm
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2017, 10:05:05 am »
Yeah, sounds more like a HS setup issue. I'd see if you can run whichever MAME you currently have installed direct from the command line. HS can be a funny old beast if you do things its not aware of.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2017, 11:16:28 am by Jonny G »

Johnnyconquer

• Offline Offline
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2017, 12:39:56 pm »
Thanks for the replies. Well I don't understand why hyperspin would effect mame running independently but I deleted all the hyperspin mame stuff all the paths. When I launch the fresh mame from the new downloaded folder off the desktop it does the same thing. It's all the same mame64 version 0180.I originally had. Always worked fine never had a problem.  I thought when I made the new ini for the groovymame that's what messed everything up but that's deleted too. Stumped where to even begin at this point did I mess windows up? Lol Everytgings deleted stumped what setting could be left making mame not work on this computer. Lost all my favorites and controller settings at this point can't get much worse. Didn't want groovy mame just for spinners had everything up and running great just thought it was a good time to get groovy mame running. I would just delete my complete hyperspin/rocket launch folders and reinstall everything fresh but I'm afraid that it still won't help and it takes like 8 hours just to transfer it. Any other ideas before I start from scratch again.

Titchgamer

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 17, 2023, 08:05:48 am
  • I have a gaming addiction.....
Messed up my Mame -_-
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2017, 01:34:09 pm »
If it wont run independant its not a HS issue. But you may get one after :p

As for why it will not work after a complete reinstall I am not sure.

Out of interest have you tried a different version of mame to see if that loads?

Johnnyconquer

• Offline Offline
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2017, 12:50:49 pm »
Reinstalled everything stil not working. It's has to be something with my drivers I guess emudriver got messed up.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2017, 01:20:06 pm by Johnnyconquer »

Johnnyconquer

• Offline Offline
« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2017, 02:02:53 pm »
System restored saved the day. Sorry to bug you guys thanks for the help.

horihori

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 29, 2019, 02:54:03 am
« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2017, 03:35:09 pm »
Thanks for reminding me, I need to go create a restore point on my setup in case something happens