Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: iPac-4 stoped working. (Fixed)  (Read 587 times)

Locke141

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Never grow up.
iPac-4 stoped working. (Fixed)
« on: April 03, 2017, 11:01:12 am »
So we had some people over and everyone wanted to play. Of corse it would not work. It seems the I-pac is not working as a keyboard on my Mac book pro. The old PC that I had it hooked up to is temporally out. My Mac see the I pac but it does not work as a key board and the I pac app does not see it ether.

Come to think of it could this be because my I Pac 4 is the old PS2 to USB middle? My mac only has USB 3 ports. This would not be the first time I had compatibility problems.

« Last Edit: June 20, 2017, 10:53:44 pm by Locke141 »

Locke141

• Offline Offline
  • Never grow up.
Re: iPac-4 stoped working.
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2017, 11:45:32 pm »
Andy fro ultimarc has answered my question via email. I just wanted to share for others who may have this issue.

The board has dropped into firmware update mode which indicates corrupt firmware. He has sent me the firmware and a link to the page with the installer needed to upload it. I will give this a try and will update only if it doesn't work and further steps are needed.

A big thanks to Andy who as always was very supportive.

Locke141

• Offline Offline
  • Never grow up.
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2017, 04:33:15 am »
Andy has been helpful but I'm still stuck.

I need to run a program called Uuploader to update the firmware. Uuploader runs but does not see the I-Pac. Windows can see it in the device manager but not as a USB device. It's listed under "other devices" and has a yellow triangle under it. Andy says this is probably because I have the wrong driver installed - 32 vs 64.

The problem is two fold. First, I have been a Mac and LINUX user for over 10 years and I rarely use Windows and when I do it's almost exclusively for this hobby. I have tried running the AMD 64 binaries that came in the zip folder downloaded from Andy's website as well as IA 64. I also tried pointing the device manager directly to these files with no change in outcome.

What device driver am I actually trying to install and how do I do it?

Thanks

Locke141

• Offline Offline
  • Never grow up.
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2017, 10:53:22 pm »
Fist of all let me say Andy is great and he stands behind is product.

After a lot of back and forth on email and reinstalling the firmware on the iPac not fixing the issue, I had to mail it to Andy for a "complete re-program" He actually ended up mailing me back my original and do to confusion from do to Ultimarc changing offices a new one.

I'll be sending one back as soon as I find a ps2 to USB cable to test that the one I'm keeping works. The one That came with my iPac is back home and I'm in the US visiting my parents.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31