Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Order of CDs  (Read 8937 times)

zimbabwean

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 03, 2017, 08:04:30 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Order of CDs
« on: April 03, 2017, 05:04:18 am »
Hi all. I was unable to register on DWJukebox, so have decided to try here. Thanks to Chris for this software :notworthy:

Short version - bought a slot machine (Black Rhino) very cheaply, and gutted it.

Already had a computer running XP. Stripped the buttons out of the slot and cleaned them, replaced the pay/win lines with digits 0-9, Select, Skip, Page forward and Page back. Replaced the original bulbs with 12v car indicator bulbs, and used the 10v power supply from the PC. 2 extra buttons on the side for radio and exit. Connected to a PS3 USB controller (I think).

I am using Metalbox 2 (Thanks to Eric Bateman and Woodlake), which allows for 68 songs onscreen. They are all singles, Now That's What I Call Music 1-20 albums. 17 songs per album. Audio out into a small 2.1 system, which can also be connected to a stereo. And it works great!

My issue is thus: for the life of me, I cannot get album 2 to display after album 1. i.e. 1,2,3,4 etc.

When the albums are on screen, it's 1,10,11,12..19,2,20,3,4,etc. I hope I have made my problem clear, and one of you can tell me how to fix it. Thanks in advance

JDFan

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 21, 2023, 04:07:42 pm
Re: Order of CDs
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2017, 10:42:51 am »
Seems it is placing them in alphabetical order - can you change the names to 01 - 09 rather than 1 - 9 as that way when placing alphabetical the 0's will be placed together !

zimbabwean

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 03, 2017, 08:04:30 pm
Re: Order of CDs
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2017, 08:03:30 pm »
Thank you for responding.

And thanks - your solution is exactly what I needed. I had tried everything except my ID3 tags!

Much appreciated.