Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: WM's new Sega Genesis beat'em up "Paprium" to be released soon.  (Read 2694 times)

Locke141

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 03, 2024, 06:00:00 am
  • Never grow up.
http://www.paprium.com

It looks dam good.

There is also a lot of hype around a new chip they developed for the Sega Genesis. Unlike the SNES and there fx line, the only Genesis game to use a extension chip was Virtual Racing.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2017, 09:55:19 pm by Locke141 »

ark_ader

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 02, 2019, 07:35:34 pm
  • I glow in the dark.
Re: WM's new Sega Genesis beat'em up "Paprium" to be released soon.
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2017, 11:50:26 pm »
Looks good. Shame we do not have access to the original Genesis console.  So it will be a limited edition?
If I had only one wish, it would be for three more wishes.

Locke141

• Offline Offline
  • Never grow up.
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2017, 04:09:31 am »
Looks good. Shame we do not have access to the original Genesis console.  So it will be a limited edition?

Yes, kind of, probably mostly not. Piersolar, there Gen RPG was limited edition with lots of cool extras, like a cd you could put in you Sega cd for higher quality sound. But you can still buy the cart with out all the extras. http://www.piersolar.com/

Howard_Casto

• Idiot Police
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Yesterday at 05:29:33 pm
  • Your Post's Soul is MINE!!! .......Again??
    • The Dragon King
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2017, 12:27:38 pm »
Still trying to figure out why, if they were going to release it on a retro console, they went with the genesis.  No enhancement chip would be needed on the snes as it supports fm audio and a true 16 bit color palette.  For that matter why not the dreamcast?  Or better yet a modern console so actual people can play it.

pbj

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Yesterday at 03:47:56 pm
  • Obey.
    • The Chris Burke Band
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2017, 02:18:16 pm »
Well, there's a million cheap Genesis clones out there, and the MegaDrive outsold the SNES in a few countries.  Looks like the game studio is a bunch of Europeans.

Howard_Casto

• Idiot Police
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Yesterday at 05:29:33 pm
  • Your Post's Soul is MINE!!! .......Again??
    • The Dragon King
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2017, 02:32:06 pm »
I doubt any of the clones will work with this brand new chip though.  Europeans explains it. 

Titchgamer

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 17, 2023, 08:05:48 am
  • I have a gaming addiction.....
Looks great.
But why!?

Dont get me wrong I love the mega drive, its like my fave console ever!
But why the hell are they releasing a game for it in 2017!?

Like Howard said why not release it on PSN and Xbone?

Dont get it but i hope it gets dumped so I can give it a go.

Also find it odd they release a 8 button stick with it when the mega drive was 6 max (unless you include start or turbo buttons?)

pbj

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Yesterday at 03:47:56 pm
  • Obey.
    • The Chris Burke Band
« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2017, 03:48:25 pm »
Who the hell knows... Probably plays like ---steaming pile of meadow muffin--- just like Beats of Rage.

Locke141

• Offline Offline
  • Never grow up.
« Reply #8 on: March 28, 2017, 09:07:10 pm »
For most of it's life the Gen shipped with a 6 mane button (A,B,C,X,Y,Z) controller but they also had start and mode. Some game made use of mode, http://www.sega-16.com/forum/archive/index.php/t-17829.html.

Eventually it will probably be released on many different platforms after the fact. There last game, Pier solar was also developed for the Gen but is now available on Xbox 360, PS4, PC, Mac, Linux, Sega Dreamcast, Android, Ouya and Wii U. I assume this will be the same.

Pier solar received some mixed reviews, but was received by fans of old school RPG mostly positive.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2017, 09:37:27 pm by Locke141 »

BadMouth

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Yesterday at 09:47:02 pm
Still trying to figure out why, if they were going to release it on a retro console, they went with the genesis.  No enhancement chip would be needed on the snes as it supports fm audio and a true 16 bit color palette.  For that matter why not the dreamcast?  Or better yet a modern console so actual people can play it.
'cause like me it's what they had as a kid and therefore what they want to recreate. 

Sent from my Life One X2 using Tapatalk

Titchgamer

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 17, 2023, 08:05:48 am
  • I have a gaming addiction.....
For most of it's life the Gen shipped with a 6 mane button (A,B,C,X,Y,Z) controller but they also had start and mode. Some game made use of mode, http://www.sega-16.com/forum/archive/index.php/t-17829.html.

Eventually it will probably be released on many different platforms after the fact. There last game, Pier solar was also developed for the Gen but is now available on Xbox 360, PS4, PC, Mac, Linux, Sega Dreamcast, Android, Ouya and Wii U. I assume this will be the same.

Pier solar received some mixed reviews, but was received by fans of old school RPG mostly positive.

Intresting...
They always come with the standard 3 button over here and you had to buy the 6 button as a optional extra.