Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Groovymame doesn't recognize very brief input from coin mech  (Read 9391 times)

ozfalcon

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 07, 2022, 04:55:03 am
  • ZSystem
Re: Groovymame doesn't recognize very brief input from coin mech
« Reply #40 on: April 04, 2017, 11:04:36 pm »
It's probably PGM polygame master board games. Espgaluda and knights of valor are other examples.

I still don't get why this is a thing. I know espgaluda and ketsui both ran in Japanese arcades with the same coin drop and cab that I have. Maybe it's a mistake with the mame driver for PGM.

Anyway glad to have a fix.

There does appear to be a bug in the coin_impulse code, In that the doc say if value is smaller than 0 then disable the impulse.
(n<0 disable impulse, n==0 obey driver, 0<n set time n).

However when setting the value to -1 or smaller, The coin_impulse still fires (As if the value was 0 == obey driver which usually means for as long as the key is held down).

<Added>
On second thought,
It may be that some drivers force a "coin_impulse n" - And the disabling option might be for those specific cases.
But generally (most drivers?) would simply make the pulse the length of the key press when obeying the driver.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2017, 11:16:58 pm by ozfalcon »

Rupert H

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 14, 2023, 03:53:15 am
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
« Reply #41 on: February 18, 2020, 04:19:57 am »
I see you all solved this problem three years ago, but I think I may be misunderstanding the solution. I have a Groovy MAME cab and it’s not recognising coin insertions for the three CAVE PGM titles (ESPGaluda, Ketsui and DDP DOJ). I’ve seen that I can fix this by changing the coin_impulse setting, so I created a pgm.ini file with coin_impulse set to 8 and dropped it into the MAME/ini folder, as per Ozfalcon’s advice. Unfortunately it’s still not reading coin drops, leading me to believe I’ve formatted the ini file wrongly.

I’ve tried the following:

“coin_impulse 8         1”

and

“coin_impulse            8”

Can anybody tell me exactly how to format this ini file? 🙏

Rupert H

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 14, 2023, 03:53:15 am
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
« Reply #42 on: June 14, 2020, 09:30:41 am »
Anybody got any idea how to help with the above? I’d massively appreciate it.