Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: How to print plans to scale  (Read 2120 times)

morton

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 23, 2021, 09:36:59 am
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
How to print plans to scale
« on: March 26, 2017, 11:44:07 pm »
I have some plans that I am fond of and have decided to follow them in my build. Now I would like to print out a full scale paper copy of the side profile (as seen in linked PDF)

http://www.in2amusements.com.au/diy/lowboy_cab1.pdf

Originally I just cut that profile shot with the measurements out and pasted it into a PDF and opened it in Adobe... the measurement tool told me how big the image was, and I divided that into the actual measurement to get the multiplier. I was trying to print tiled, but it is quite a hassle getting the sheets to line up and have the lines 100% straight. Also, I have noticed that different times I've used the same source image, but ended up with different multipliers based on what part of the image I was using... this tells me the method I was following wasn't perfect.

I figure the best action is to take it and have it printed at a print shop. I am not sure how much it will cost, but hope its worth it as I am getting aggravated playing with small sheets of paper and tape. Any help is greatly appreciated, as my searches haven't really given me a good answer yet.

TL:DR - I want to get the side profile part of the above PDF into a file I can take to a printer and use as my full size cutout template.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2017, 11:46:16 pm by morton »

Locke141

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 20, 2024, 04:36:20 pm
  • Never grow up.
Re: How to print plans to scale
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2017, 08:18:53 pm »
Which Adobe program are you using? If you have Creative Sweet this should be fairly straightforward.

Going to a printer shouldn't be to expensive. I'm living in a developing country but for me it would be very cheep. 

Edit:
Similar thread here with what you want.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2017, 09:23:07 pm by Locke141 »

morton

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 23, 2021, 09:36:59 am
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Re: How to print plans to scale
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2017, 06:42:40 pm »
Thanks.

I am just worried that the file I had wouldn't print properly. I have found another plan on the forums and am going to use them, as the DWG file is to scale... then the printer told me they can't do technical drawings unless a PDF. I figured a DWG woulda worked...

The shape is pretty straightforward, but from some reason the stubborn part of me wants to print a full scale plan. IDK.