Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: question bout tv/card  (Read 2228 times)

Dylan

• Trade Count: (0)
question bout tv/card
« on: June 04, 2002, 10:08:34 pm »
Hello
I posted this on the video card/tv fourm like 1 day before it (seems) closed.
Anyway i never got to read any reply's if any .
so here i go.
I am interested in a video card and like many here say as been posted many times before ati is best to go.
i need a card that can
1. bootup in s-video at boot without a monitor
2. be full screen :)
I know this can be done with hwstrech but are there any ati cards that can do 1.
i know to get around this u can use scan converters  but again can they worrk at bootup ?.
Also i have a OLD  sony trinitron 24" PVM2010QM video monitor
i tryed to find pictures of it and specs on the net but couldnt
its not a tv but can be used as a tv if connected to a vcr , it can also be used as a monitor for a computer so im to sure bout this device can someone give me iformation on it ? :) i thinking of using it with tv out card.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by 1026619200 »

random24

Re: question bout tv/card
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2002, 06:00:35 am »
My ATI Radeon VE boots up displayed to the tv.  I had to install windows with a monitor connected and then activate the tv display in the driver but then I deactivated the monitor and now it only displays through the TV.

toilet

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:November 11, 2005, 11:53:45 am
    • Briefcase Emulator
Re: question bout tv/card
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2002, 07:21:00 am »
This is a fairly common question. You should try searching for ATI, NVidia, TV-OUT, etc. FWIW,

I have an Nvidia GF2U with S-Video out and an S-Video -> RCA adapter. It will boot up to the TV, including bios boot screen, with no monitor attached. With the Nvidia cards you need to be careful since their tv-out chipsets vary, and some are worse than others. There was a good chunk of black border around the TV, and the image was not resizable or adjustable.

I just received an ATI Radeon 7500 DDR w/ TV-Out. It's sitting in its box. Supposedly the TV-Out is a lot better and much more manageable, though I haven't hooked it up yet.