Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: l2m2 and daytona pedals for outrun and demul  (Read 3025 times)

alex_cs

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 23, 2017, 06:20:58 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
l2m2 and daytona pedals for outrun and demul
« on: March 22, 2017, 06:46:19 pm »
Hi guys,

Would appreciate some help. Having trouble mapping my pedals for outrun 2006 and demul (crazy taxi). I have ticked combined pedals for both as I understand that is how they work.

Demul, I can map the pedals no problems except when I jump into crazy taxi and drive the brake is constantly on, I have to push the accelerator about 10% for the brakes to disengage. If I un-map the brake pedal the accelerator works perfect. I understand maybe this is due to different pots in my daytona pedals ? They are already calibrated through logitech profiler. Anybody know a solution for this?

Outrun 2006, I go in and attempt to map the pedals. It shows as if they are pressed half way down. I go through the process and In game my accelerator is on non stop so the car drives on its own. Brakes don't work. Any solutions for anyone running an l2m2 board with the daytona pedals? Steering is perfect.

Regards, Alex.

MrThunderwing

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 24, 2024, 07:22:01 pm
  • As I pass, do I give you the ass or the crotch?
Re: l2m2 and daytona pedals for outrun and demul
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2017, 03:05:12 pm »
Have a read through this thread to sort out your O2C2C pedal mapping issue out.

http://forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php?topic=142160.0

On DEMUL, I think I just set my accelerator pedal to the joystick up position and the brake to the joystick down position. Like Outrun I had to keep the brake and accelerator semi-depressed to stop one or the other of them from registering as always on.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2017, 03:22:13 pm by MrThunderwing »

alex_cs

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 23, 2017, 06:20:58 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2017, 06:20:58 pm »
Have a read through this thread to sort out your O2C2C pedal mapping issue out.

http://forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php?topic=142160.0

On DEMUL, I think I just set my accelerator pedal to the joystick up position and the brake to the joystick down position. Like Outrun I had to keep the brake and accelerator semi-depressed to stop one or the other of them from registering as always on.

Thanks for your response. Outrun I am glad there is slightly more configuration where as on demul it just maps the controller itself and no calibrating to the game (which is why model 2 emu is awesome). Did you end up working how to make the accelerator and brake work properly on it?

MrThunderwing

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 24, 2024, 07:22:01 pm
  • As I pass, do I give you the ass or the crotch?
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2017, 07:22:14 pm »
Yeah dude, just the way I explained above - map the accelerator to the up joypad position and the brake to the down joypad position in the DEMUL arcade controls config. Works perfectly. Like I said though, you'll need to keep both pedals half depressed as you're doing it, otherwise one of them will register as constantly being on.