Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Rowe CD100L Jukebox sound issue  (Read 4601 times)

pandrgaspar

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:June 18, 2017, 03:19:09 am
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Rowe CD100L Jukebox sound issue
« on: March 20, 2017, 08:11:49 am »
Hi, I'm hoping somebody can help me with my recent purchase of a ROWE CD100L jukebox I have just had shipped from Los Angeles all the way over to me here in Western Australia - we don't have many experts on them here!!
The jukebox is doing everything perfectly - except letting out any sound! I select a song, it picks it up, transfers it, spins it, the lights flash to the beat but there is NO sound coming from the machine.  I CANNOT hear the amp kick in when I turn it on, or any speaker noise.  The machine worked perfectly before shipping so I'm guess there's a wire or something that has come loose but I can't find it for the life of me.  I don't have a manual but I have ordered one - I'm just too impatient to wait for it to get here.  Any suggestions??? Thanks in advance  :)

ed12

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 31, 2018, 03:44:39 pm
  • it is what it is..."Nobody Said It Was Easy"....
Re: Rowe CD100L Jukebox sound issue
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2017, 01:10:11 pm »
look for the mute plug
orange/black and black
it will plug right into the amp where it says mute

ed
Shipping something from the U.S. to Canada for repair/exchange?  Please use USPS to avoid (additional?/excessive?) shipping charges.  PM me if you have any questions.

pandrgaspar

• Offline Offline
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2017, 08:47:31 pm »
Thanks Ed but I've tried that.  I've tried it both plugged in and unplugged and unfortunately it doesn't make a difference.  I've followed those wires through but they sort of seem ok??  I've attached a couple of pics to see if anything stands out to you...  Thanks so much for helping :)

ed12

• Offline Offline
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2017, 09:00:07 pm »
ya thats proper
just a thought here
u said it was shipped to u in aussie
is the juke box power supply fully lite ?
by this i mean chk the power leds+/- 28vdc
+8 ? etc
see that first
then get back to me

ed
Shipping something from the U.S. to Canada for repair/exchange?  Please use USPS to avoid (additional?/excessive?) shipping charges.  PM me if you have any questions.

ami-man

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 19, 2020, 01:22:45 pm
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2017, 06:22:48 am »
Hello Pandrgaspar,

Can we please have a full picture of the amplifier showing all of the plugs and sockets on it.
From your pictures up to date we have not seen where the volume control is fitted for example. is the 110 volt supply to the amplifier plugged in and have you tested the amplifier to check the voltage is present.

Although Erin Boot in Tasmania has retired he may be able to give you some advice.

Regards
Alan

Alan Hood
ami-man
UK

pandrgaspar

• Offline Offline
« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2017, 07:06:56 am »
Hi Ed,
Yes all those lights are on.  I can't see any sort of light on the pre-amp to indicate if that is working - should there be one?  And on the actual amp there is just 1 small green light that I can't read what it says.
Cheers
Rachel

pandrgaspar

• Offline Offline
« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2017, 07:13:40 am »
Hi Alan,
Thanks so much for looking for me :)
Attached is a picture of the amp and the pre-amp.  I'm an amateur at this so I'm not sure where the 110 volt supply should be but I can't see it... and I haven't tested to see if there is voltage from the amp as I'm not sure how to do this - but if you tell me I'm a quick learner :)
Thanks again,
Rachel

ed12

• Offline Offline
« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2017, 11:14:41 am »
on the amp
is a bank of 3 leds
1=overload
1=clip
1=power
can u see the leds ?
1 should be on (power)
other 2 should be off

ed

ami-man

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 19, 2020, 01:22:45 pm
« Reply #8 on: March 21, 2017, 12:17:31 pm »
Hi Rachel,

The Amplifier and Pre Amplifier fitted are similar to the ones fitted in some of the later CD wallbox units in the respect that they just have a lower AC voltage supply to the units.

I would messure the two AC voltages to common on the Pre Amplifier power input plug shown bottom left on your pre amp picture and trace these cables back to see where they go to and make sure they are connected.

I would guess that the voltages to be between 30 volts to 35 volts AC on the amplifier one of the plugs mentions 50 volts AC.

Needless to say I have not seen your model of jukebox.

Regards
Alan

Alan Hood
ami-man
UK

ed12

• Offline Offline
« Reply #9 on: March 21, 2017, 12:38:19 pm »
ya thats the 1kv amp
perty popular in canada

ed

pandrgaspar

• Offline Offline
« Reply #10 on: March 22, 2017, 07:33:46 am »

Thanks Ed and Alan, I'll check both of these tomorrow - my son is bringing home the voltage tester.... I'll be back  :)

pandrgaspar

• Offline Offline
« Reply #11 on: March 26, 2017, 09:07:17 am »
ok so I checked for the led's on the amp and there is one green one lit up on the channel 1 or 3 input section but nothing lit up on the channel 2 or 4 input - I have no idea what this means - should both channels be lit?

We also checked the ac voltages (which were fine) and traced the cables back to make sure they are connected which they are.

I've read through some of the other questions on here and we tried plugging the output on the mech controller direct to an external speaker/aux system and it played fine.  So I'm guessing this means there is a problem with my amp (as we thought all along) - any ideas what to try next?? I still believe it's going to be something simple due to it just being jiggled around a lot in transit on the ship....  any ideas are much appreciated :-)

ed12

• Offline Offline
« Reply #12 on: March 26, 2017, 10:37:27 am »
1 green led on
as a rule means  u have to remove amp and service it

ed

pandrgaspar

• Offline Offline
« Reply #13 on: April 08, 2017, 08:03:17 pm »
Sorry for the delay - we've been away :)
Thanks Ed, we are going to pull the amp off and check behind for anything obvious - hopefully there's just something loose :)
Thanks again for the help, now I'm going to start a new chat with the next issue on the 2nd jukebox we bought back for my brother...

pandrgaspar

• Offline Offline
« Reply #14 on: June 18, 2017, 03:19:09 am »

Hi Alan and Ed,

We ended up purchasing a new (tested) amp for this machine and we now have sound from the left speakers but not the right speakers.  We know this amp works so I don't think it's an amp issue but is there something else that would only allow one lot of speakers to work and not the other?  Any ideas you can give me would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers
Rachel