Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Coin mech wiring question  (Read 750 times)

Ticky

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 20, 2017, 03:38:56 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Coin mech wiring question
« on: March 20, 2017, 04:56:47 am »
Hi.

Quick question about connecting up this coin mech when I get that far in the future.

I see that There is 1 cable running from the main part of the device to a small pcb on the side, I do belive I have wired it correctly as There is Onøy 3 options on the pcb. 12v, gnd and CR. Now what im wondering about is, is the CR the one that should be wired to the i-pac? Does it stand for Credit?

PL1

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Yesterday at 11:45:17 pm
  • Designated spam hunter
Re: Coin mech wiring question
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2017, 01:19:14 pm »
Quick question about connecting up this coin mech when I get that far in the future.

I see that There is 1 cable running from the main part of the device to a small pcb on the side, I do belive I have wired it correctly as There is Onøy 3 options on the pcb. 12v, gnd and CR. Now what im wondering about is, is the CR the one that should be wired to the i-pac? Does it stand for Credit?
A 5v Zener diode (voltage regulator) is your friend . . . unless you want to fry your 5v IPac by applying 12v to it.  :scared

Check out the info at the bottom of this page on the Ultimarc site.

The "coin signal" wire in this diagram corresponds to the "CR" wire on your coin recognizer and you can see the Zener diode on the left.

Scott