Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Crt_Emudriver 2.0 Installation: When switching monitors  (Read 1347 times)

Heian_Shodan

• Trade Count: (0)
Crt_Emudriver 2.0 Installation: When switching monitors
« on: March 18, 2017, 12:59:48 pm »
Ok, this is probably a really, really stupid question, but I rather be safe than sorry. So I'm making a groovymame dedicated pc with a Radeon HD 5450. Which means I'll be using Crt_Emudriver 2.0 on Windows 7, to connect a pc into a Crt TV with a transcoder. I'll use a lcd tv/monitor vga input for the set up of crt_emudriver, groovymame, and arcade_osd, this display has a scan frequency of 30 khz. On the Calamity tutorial, after the Arcade 15,7 khz is set on the VMMaker, and the EDID emulation is enabled, he says his monitor goes out of sync, thus its time to switch monitors and proceed with the installation. My question is this: isnt it dangerous to the monitor if I send a signal whose frequency is lower than its range? Am I in risk of damaging it, or even killing it? Is there a way so I can turn off the pc, so the 15.7 khz and edid emulation will only be enabled after Windows is rebooted, and already connected to the tv?

I know, its a pretty silly question, I just dont want to take any chances of killing a display in this process.

buttersoft

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 22, 2024, 12:55:20 am
  • Is running at 15kHz
Re: Crt_Emudriver 2.0 Installation: When switching monitors
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2017, 08:27:05 pm »
Not dangerous. Your LCD will probably come up with an "Out of Sync" message, but either way you're fine.

Heian_Shodan

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Crt_Emudriver 2.0 Installation: When switching monitors
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2017, 08:28:06 am »
Thanks for the input, I just wanted to be sure.  ;D