Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: How do u make a bartop template  (Read 3353 times)

iamscottyb

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 26, 2018, 10:10:40 am
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
How do u make a bartop template
« on: March 13, 2017, 10:51:07 am »
Hey guys, I'm building a mini bartop using 10 inch lcd and now im in the artwork design phase, but i dont know much about photoshop so my question is: how do you go about making a template for your side art? Ive measured everything and tried making one using lines but didnt turn out so good. Any help would be appreciated.

mahuti

• Wiki Master
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 02, 2022, 09:51:19 pm
  • I dare anything! I am Skeletor!
Re: How do u make a bartop template
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2017, 09:58:42 am »
I tend to use Illustrator more for line art. Whether you use photoshop or illustrator, I use the bezier curve/pen tool for doing line art. That said, if you don't know much about photoshop, the bezier curve tool is going to have a very high learning curve (no pun intended).

You could send me a napkin sketch with measurements and I could probably make the base for you within a few minutes. Sometimes there's a "teach a man to fish" moment.... but unless you plan to do this a lot, it might not be worth it.

That said, you can always look up online tutorials about using the bezier curve/pen tool. That's what I use for line art.
Raspberry Pi, AttractMode, and Skeletor enthusiast.

JDFan

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 21, 2023, 04:07:42 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Re: How do u make a bartop template
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2017, 02:49:26 pm »
Here's an old post I made a few years back that tells how to make a template using the ruler lines and a pic or photo of your bartop side - and adjusting the size of the pic to match up to the ruler markings that might be of some use

http://forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php/topic,132480.msg1361475.html#msg1361475